Stragglers from my old sifting tailings....

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my old spots have been built on in the name of progress....gotta have more apartments you know. Well, some time back, I noticed a random percussion cap on my bedroom floor where I leave my shoes.....hmm. I wondered where it came from seeing I hadn't been out detecting in a while, then it dawned on me that I had brought buckets and buckets of old dirt home from one older site that had yielded a large amount of pistol balls, caps, buttons and pipe stems. I would bring the dirt home and screen it over my wheelbarrow in my off time. I would then dump the tailings into my driveway....alas, that stray percussion cap. Long story short, now I am finding all those little bits that went through my 1/4 inch screen way back when.....and I ain't gotta go far to find em. A few little doodads I don't recognize, will post them in what's it forum. Thanks for lookin..vn
1000001851.jpg
1000001854.jpg
1000001855.jpg

Upvote 4
Most of my old spots have been built on in the name of progress....gotta have more apartments you know. Well, some time back, I noticed a random percussion cap on my bedroom floor where I leave my shoes.....hmm. I wondered where it came from seeing I hadn't been out detecting in a while, then it dawned on me that I had brought buckets and buckets of old dirt home from one older site that had yielded a large amount of pistol balls, caps, buttons and pipe stems. I would bring the dirt home and screen it over my wheelbarrow in my off time. I would then dump the tailings into my driveway....alas, that stray percussion cap. Long story short, now I am finding all those little bits that went through my 1/4 inch screen way back when.....and I ain't gotta go far to find em. A few little doodads I don't recognize, will post them in what's it forum. Thanks for lookin..vnView attachment 2148427View attachment 2148428View attachment 2148429
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back