cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in SoCA home of the taping of Storage Wars shows. During my garage sale "route" last saturday, out of the corner of my eye I saw a big truck parked. It looked familier. I was in the city of Orange so I went around the block and came back and saw it was that "now and then" truck Jarred and Brandi haul their junk in when they win an auction.

So I thought I would go in and see what was for sale. I know i have passed their store dozens of times but it is just one of a dozen stores in an old strip mall. I just never noticed it before. Besides I heard it stinks inside. In one episode Brandi was talking and I saw Jarred in the background in the building smoking.

Well I went inside and no smoke smell. It was organized nicely, but what I looked at was way overpriced. Worn silver dollars at $45, old cell phones at $15. In one corner was a bigscreen TV showing clips of them bidding and a few custom made signs saying "As seen on Storage Wars" Good marketing ideas but not thrift store prices.

=================================
Just two weeks ago I ran into the guy that buys guns and rifles from Ton and Allen on Auction Hunters. They always meet at a gun range. I have known Blaze G. for several years. We were in the same Treasure Hunting club. He said the new taping season is starting soon and he will still be buying from them.

very interesting, I always wonder about the life of reality TV wheelers and dealers. for example, what do they make on the show, if anything. I'm almost sure they "lace" the sheds with items and feed the people lines, but I would also bet that the unexceptional finds are real and they bring them back to their stores. Were they inside? I'm curious if they've made bank or are still living the life of a thrift store owner, probably the latter

Jarred was in Vegas a few weeks ago at a biker show hawking his t-shirts.
He wouldn't pose for a picture with a lady I work with and she is a looker.
Too busy he said, but she said he wasn't doing anything.
I like the Texas show better anyway.

Jarred was in Vegas...Too busy he said, but she said he wasn't doing anything.
You can tell he is a JERK. on and off the set. His "spouse" is too only it sounds like WITCH.

The only decent folks on that show are Barry (love all his cars) and of course Dan and Laura.

You can tell he is a JERK. on and off the set. His "spouse" is too only it sounds like WITCH.

The only decent folks on that show are Barry (love all his cars) and of course Dan and Laura.

Baby Sheets isn't bad either. He has not quite risen to the level of veteranism yet....:laughing7:

It's shows like that, that makes everyone think their "junk" is worth a lot of money.

Over on the A&E web site they have show forums much like this one. You can read other folks comments on Storage Wars and post your own. Lots of info on Dave and his financial troubles. That is if it hasn't been deleted. Some rough comments about Dave.

Baby Sheets isn't bad either. He has not quite risen to the level of veteranism yet....:laughing7:
Who is that? sounds like a rapper, bet he will do good in south central LA.
to be honest I do not watch that show too much, so many reruns.

Who is that? sounds like a rapper, bet he will do good in south central LA.
to be honest I do not watch that show too much, so many reruns.
I never heard of baby Sheets on that show either.??

I went to the Pickers web site and 95 % of the stuff they sell there is Reproduction's

I live not too far from the Now and Then store. It's very true the prices are somewhat high. Too much of it is yard sale fodder. I'm sure that shop wouldn't last if it wasn't for the show.

Yes , dummy Darrell's son Brandon.

That would be correct, Hester called him "Baby Sheets" during an episode and Darrell used the term veteranism on a show. About split my side laughing at that one.

I went to the Pickers web site and 95 % of the stuff they sell there is Reproduction's

I know some folks on here have detected with them in the past.

You're right about Dan and Laura. They rock!

Brandi maybe a witch, but she will has one heck of a body! The producers were smart to put her into the show, or else Jarred would have probably been written out.

Brandi-Passante.jpg

I didn't realize until just a few months ago. Barry owns those car he drives. He has one heck of a car collection.

Cowboy_Cadillac_3a.jpg6981235849_595ce5c6f3_z.jpg44bc1dee-5fa2-7201.jpg
barry-weiss-driving-deco-liner.jpeg30563410-623x389.jpg47089_483292391616_610401616_6627768_7033299_n.jpg1915_De_Dion-Bouton_Lorry.jpg

He owns a bunch more cars as well.. Here he is in his younger days.
Barry_Weiss_1980s.jpg

Last edited:
Thats funny I watch them but didnt know they really had stores. I figured they were just part of the shows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back