aheiser

May 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20160430_165745.jpg
    IMG_20160430_165745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
When I first saw it, I thought it was Fred Flintstone's left shoe insert:laughing7:. That's an interesting piece. Let's see what the expert's come up with. A side view might help. Nice find!

Upvote 0
Some picture of other sides of it may help in determining what it could be? An oddly shaped naturally eroded rock that resembles the sole of a shoe for the man who has ten toes on one foot, is all I'm seeing on it, so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very difficult to tell with any certainty. Your best bet is to have an anthropology prof at your nearest college examine it. We need both sides and extreme closeups. It does look like a human footprint, but I think it's probably natural. Now, having said that, I am no expert on casts. Like I said, contact an expert...

Upvote 0
This was found in a gravel pit where various pieces of mammoth tusk have been found. Native American tools/weapons are common within 200km. It's about 7 inches high 3/4 inch deep, smooth with many layers of rock. What the heck is it?

got an img of it in the pit

Upvote 0
Since people from the age of Mammoth's didn't wear shoes, I'm assuming it's a joke or a freak of nature.

Upvote 0
There is a name for rocks that look like a fossil, but ain't, I can't remember what it is. I have one myself and if I remember it, I'll take a photo after work and post it here. You'll be surprised, it really looks like it should be a fossil of something.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back