Stone carving, is it real? Or hoax?

Abudhabimx

Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo was taken this year. Found on the inner passage between north of Campbell river and south of Malcom island. ( West Coast Canada)The stone was located at the mouth of a river feeding into the ocean.i can't find anything like it on the net. The story goes that the stone was Discovered when somewhen slipped when passing the rock. When they got up the moss that covered the stone had come off exposing the carving.

I found a story that in near by Bute Inlet that in the Spanish may have had some sort of mine in the early 1800,s . I am not sure but would be very interesting if it was real?

Last edited:
I'm no expert but it looks fairly modern to me. Very little wear.

Upvote 0
I did find this reference: zoso.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm athinking too presise to be too old, and as Mike said not enough wear to be very old.........

Upvote 0
It looks too exact to be hand made. Maybe sand blown carving machine.

Thanks guys for your replies. What I was told that originally it was covered by a large piece of moss. This could be a Reason for its preservation.The other thing is its location is so remote. My friend who took the photo actually flew in on a float plane. There are no roads, the only other way to access is by boat.
I'm not saying that it could be new it's just that it would have to be carved on sight with no power around for miles. It would seem like a lot of effort to make this in a spot in the middle of nowhere.

Upvote 0
Thanks I for the pms, I will try to cut and paste a map proximity to give you an idea of how remote this place is. Cheers guys and thanks for your info.

Upvote 0
Those symbols look to precise for an old carving, but the symbols on the left of the stone look older. your friend should have uncovered them before taking the picture. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back