stingy park

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I got a huuuuge park by my place, but it's been incredibly stingy...another hour today only produced a few more mem's, a set of dog tags...for dogs not soldiers :) and an old pepsi cap.....the pepsi cap is the old logo colors, so it's kinda old for junk...you know what's bad is I have nightmares about throwing crappy junk caps away and then seeing them sell on ebay as collector caps for a million dollars. ;)....soooo another junk cap will be inventoried and filed :P Hey at least I'm cleaning the neighborhood too.

Hope you all had better luck than me this weekend....

Springsman.

Attachments

• pepsidog.jpg
    pepsidog.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0
Yep, have had many a day like that where I had nothing to show but a couple pennies and 1000 pull tabs. Its good just to get out sometime though, no matter what you find.

springsman your right that is old bottlecap, so you know that the park is old enough to support silver coins, see if you can find some old pictures of park from 50-60's. Also take a digital camera to the park and just watch the follks shoot some picts of where people are congregating. Keep working on it. If its out there you will find it
keep us posted
hh
dave+bobbie

Seems to be more days like yours then not.But makes the good days all worth it.HH

Thanks guys/gals....the taking a picture idea is great....it's a very large soccer complex, and I had been walking sort of a grid pattern on it, but I would like to hunt the high traffic places first...thanks.

Looking good Sprgsman. Sounds like your hitting it hard too. Maybe slow down the pace and take out some more discrimination. You will dig more junk but should really start to find the old coins. Keep us posted on that spot. HH

i agree on the park thing - let the desc. loose so it hunts it all - than let the detector tell u what it is after you got your target :-X lefty - dont feel bad i dug some caps this weekend - i have a bag of about 200 caps from the 80s when i collected beer cans (in the 7th grade) - thanks for letting me know they r worth something - to the attic i will go (that was a p.s) :D

Stingy parks are my life story. I havent found squat yet. I'm banking on the season picking up at the beaches and hurricanes here in Florida. I'm gonna hit them hard this summer.

CHRIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back