May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still need this ID'd. Can someone help?

003.JPG

I have been given some good advice about taking it to a Jewler and will when I get back from Vacation. My brother will be in town this Saturday and I hope to take him M D with us to see what he can find as well :)

If anyone has any clues or ideas to what this might be just let me know... thank you! :)

I found a very similar piece. Find a graduated cylinder, put some water in it, read the volume, add your specimen and the difference between your volume readings will be the volume of the piece.

Next weigh it on a sensitive scale, simple math gives you the weight/volume, then look it up.

Mine turned out to be tin. I always thought tin was an alloy, but it is a naturally occurring element. The weight/volume ratio matched perfectly. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I found a very similar piece. Find a graduated cylinder, put some water in it, read the volume, add your specimen and the difference between your volume readings will be the volume of the piece.

Next weigh it on a sensitive scale, simple math gives you the weight/volume, then look it up.

Mine turned out to be tin. I always thought tin was an alloy, but it is a naturally occurring element. The weight/volume ratio matched perfectly. Good luck.

Will do! Where do I get the Graduated Cyclinder?

Upvote 0
Bought a Silver and Platinum acid testing kit.... turns out my rock is an Aluminum Slag. Tested it also with an empty aluminum can and the color was an greenish orange. :D

Upvote 0
Awww my guess was platinum in that other thread and usually I always guess lead or aluminum lol, sorry Wiz, I was rooting for you:)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back