Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still Diggin'

I've had a few days of relative inefectual detecting since I found that silver ring but still at it! I have a regular breakfast date with the guys on my hunting lease every Friday and I got up early and went by a private park and swimming pool area near the restaurant this morning. Came up with only about a bucks's worth of clad using my ACE, but a great way to kill time. No toruble pinpointing this time, everything was right on. Guess it was me instead of the detector? I find an awful lot of dimes with the ACE and more nickels than I have found with any other machine. I got six dimes and four nickels a quarter and a handful of clad pennies. For pure coin shooting you just can't beat that little yeller feller! JIM

Upvote 0
Re: Still Diggin'

I'm glad you and your little yeller feller are having such a good time together! It must be love. ;)

yeah, other than my rosette I haven't found a whole lot lately either... about a buck or 2 a day... it's getting so hot now that I'm not as enthused to get out there like I was when it was in the 70's... the 90's and humidity have a way of keeping my at my PC... :D

you are not lying, screw the heat... Im out for like 45 minutes and im wringing my shirt out basically! I have a question what are we going to do when it gets really really hot in the next 50 years? Wouldnt that make all those freezing ass places prime realestate?! Somebody needs to get on this stat. In 100 years florida is not going to be such a lovely place at 110-120 all summer.

Jimmy i hear you on getting skunked. It can really kick your get up and go in the sac. But im surely addicted so I may slow down but ill never stop. Keep on diggin, cant wait to see your crowning achievement in MDing... Its out there just a few inches under the soil calling your name....

Its hot and humid here also, and wont get any better until about Oct.
Don't you hate it when the sweat drips on the inside of your eyeglasses? I have noticed I am looking for places that have shade as a requirement for a place to MD. :)
~Kansas~

this is a good time of year to hit those woodchips and sandy beach spots. its just too darn hot to dig in the dirt for very long!

Seems like not too long ago that I saw gripes about when is the snow gonna end? ;D Looks like time to add those water dipped bandana wraps to the list of accessories.

I'd like to try some water detecting but I just don't have the money to invest in water equpment right now! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back