Still around

toni&kirk

Oct 2, 2013
South Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett Ace 150's
Two cheap pin-pointers.
Two long handle sand scoops.
Too much work and not enough time to dig.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still here. I told you I'd be slow to get back to you all. We can't get online as much as we'd like. We are out all the time. Finding buckets of foil, nails, change and bullets. I am amazed at how the sand strips away the outer clad on these coins, like my dimes are all copper now. Bullets smashed into rocks becoming one with them and I have found two, yes two, pot pipes. One glass ,one brass. LOL. We are breaking our backs swinging. Every day off, every weekend, between the raindrops, in the surf, through the frozen tundra etc, etc. No ring yet, lots of big iron. Wearing the cover off my Ace. Paying dues and getting really tired of nice people wanting to know, " Found anything good?" They use their dogs to get to me you see. I dip my visor low, turn the earphones up high and turn my back when I see 'em coming, but the dog, ah the dog just runs up and says "HOWDY!" Smells my feet, jumps on my leg, then I have to look up and that's when they get me. Pay dues, ha. I want it all now! I have found some neat stuff but nothing gold yet. No wheaties or silver yet. I'm not brave enough to turn the iron off on my md because my Rhodium plated white gold diamond ring goes off as iron first. I'm afraid I might miss something. So I dig everything and after 5 months of it it's getting a little frustrating. Then I read a great story about some guy finding a $16k gold and diamond necklace and I'm off again chasing the dream. I am addicted and so is my husband. We have no choice. Kinda like when we first saw each other 28 years ago. Oh man, it better not take that long to strike gold!!! I'll be back later. Comments?:laughing7:

Last edited:
Lol! I'm sure you'll find the gold sooner than that! GL & HH! Remember post pics!

What beaches are you working over? Bandon south there is a lot of beach but not a lot of people. At the mouth of the Umpqua they have an area where they run ATV's in the dunes, but there is so much melted aluminum that it get discouraging after awhile. But there is a lot of stuff in that sand, and more than a few parties with lots of drinking (that's where the melted aluminum comes from) so there is also good stuff lost in the sand. Mostly modern though. At Coos Bay, the park at Sunset Bay gets hit pretty hard, as well as the beach, but myself and a friend each found a ring, and another friend found a V nickle. I found a pocket spill on the beach below the park and rock at Port Orford, but not much else.

We are at Coos Bay and know those sites and a lot more. I have found mostly change and trinkets on Bastendorf and Sunset. We just love to get out. Years ago we had a Fisher Gold Bug and found not much. Someone can lose something everyday so we don't get discouraged. Just too much junk to get through. Are you ther person who writes for Western Treasure mag out of Langolis? They accepted a couple of covers of mine and I hope to see them in print this year. View attachment 916384

Welcome back from Gold Beach,OR.Serious MD is a challenge, the more time you put in, the more stuff you find, both good and bad.Just don't give up!!Your background pic looks like Pistol River/ Myers Creek area.
Sites I have found stuff- old homesteads, mining sites, swimming/party beaches, parks around picnic tables and big trees.In cities when they tear up side walks, roads or put in new pipe lines.Old battle sites, if available and legal.Ocean beaches after the tourists leave and after big winter storms.Any fresh dirt dumped by anyone from any where.
Good Luck.

Awesome info * Like that you & yours lives the dream and goes for it full tilt. Merry Christmas, Kat

That pic is Sunset Bay at lowtide. Found a 1978 penny jammed in a crevice. Yes I know all the spots. I jumped in a fresh dug sidewalk while they were redoing all of Coos Bay and North Bend side walks but found nada. Other friends found some silver. DARN! I missed it. Found a cool bottle tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back