Picture 006.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Picture 005 (5).jpg
    Picture 005 (5).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 259
The name on the wheel cover looks like EOMASSIA, or E. O. MASSIA, Also no American flag or anyother that i've seen before. The fortifacation appears to me as a foriegn land, there is a flag on the boat and one way up at the top of the buildings, try and identify those, you might get lucky. I'm going to take a shot at location, since my Wife is Belgian, I'd say Belguim.

Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Anything on the back of the picture that might suggest its origin?
The back is blank - just a couple of stains .

Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

This library image is captioned “Paddle steamer Overstolz traveling upstream in Koblenz [a German city on the Rhine and Moselle rivers]”:

Koblenz.jpg

The Overstolz was built by L. Smit & Zoon in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands for Preußisch-Rheinische Dampfschiffahrt-Gesellschaft (PRDG) of Cologne, Germany and launched on 2nd April 1890. It's clearly the same location and the same design of ship but the funnel livery is different. I would still think it’s from L.Smit & Zoon’s yards, but they built a number of ships to that design for their own use and for various Dutch and German customers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Smit_en_Zoon

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back