Steam Shovel

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
I got out to my city dump today. I am used to finding all sorts of auto industry junk, being in the Buick City and all. Todays scratch produced a name plate that immediately said BIG to me. It is 6" tall and 15" long, and must weigh 10# I believe it is cast iron. When I googled the name, I found out it came from the company that invented the steam shovel. Anyway, its nothin special, but I knew all you amateur historians would enjoy it. I sure wish I could find a picture of the machine with the plate on it. HH Bongo

Attachments

• invader.jpg
    invader.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
Lee,
Doesn't look like junk to me. VERY cool piece. Heavy metal rules!
Congrats,
MM

Thanks MM, I knew you could appreciate it.LOL Heres a few more oddball pieces from today, A black hazel atlas furniture coaster, (I think i've got a whole set of these now) a piece of a candelabra or something, its glass but the bottom is threaded, a stopper with 57 on it (how long has heinz 57 been around) some other junk. Bongo

Attachments

• scratch032707.JPG
    scratch032707.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 474
  • scratch032707.JPG
    scratch032707.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 299
Cool. I just dug up my 1st stopped last week. It was in a hole next to some metal I was digging.
Now if I can find one more I can stick them in my wifes nose when she snores. ;D
=MM-

I think the name plate is unique. Did you see the Osgood Co stuff on E-Bay? Neat stuff! The smaller bottle on the left is a Wing Song Cologne/Perfume bottle...just researched, it was launched in 1953 and still being manufactured today. Love that fragrance..."I can't seem to forget you, your Wing Song stays on my mind"

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back