Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Are all the new state quarters made with an inferior alloy? ???

All the one's I dig up at an inch or two seem to look crustier than one's I find 6 - 8" from the 60's & 70's?

I think they are made of cheaper stuff.

Also keep your eyes open for the California state quarter. It has an error of what looks like a hallo over the guys hat, I have one. You should all hang on to any of the new state quarters they are all worth over face value.

HH!!

Attachments

• moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 267
  • moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 225
I know what you mean T-Rex.....my husband and I found a quarter at the old bridge this past weekend and it was all crusty...thought I had found a really old coin.....naaaa....just a 1999 New Jersey quarter!! ?:-\

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

Unless I find them laying flat on top of the ground, all the state quarters I'm finding are super-crusty.

I wonder what the bank will do when they crack open a roll of my crusty finds?

I think I will put the crustiest ones I can find all in a roll together and take it to my favorite bank...
;D

Nana40 said:
I know what you mean T-Rex.....my husband and I found a quarter at the old bridge this past weekend and it was all crusty...thought I had found a really old coin.....naaaa....just a 1999 New Jersey quarter!! ?:-\

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana ?;)

It's the New Jersey part that makes it crusty! :lol:

you all need to go to the coin part of this web site and look at the state coin! it will answer your ? ?H/H

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back