NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since I didn't win the powerball I noticed I had a lot of spare time on my hands that I hadn't been planning on.... So, off to the jobsite to see what I could dig out of the ground, and maybe make up for picking the wrong numbers.... What I found was that there's a nice layer of nails there dating from a few I dropped recently, to some that have to have been there 150 years... and a nice layer of coal cinders just for good measure (made my pinpointer lose it's mind) did manage to tease a few things out of there, but I think I'm going to need o go back with a smaller coil and see what I can get through the junk....

Here's my pile of junk for the day..... (well, the clay marble isn't junk, I do like finding those) Managed yet another Mardi Gras dubloon, Krewe of Okeanos 1998... I wish these had even a slight value... What I thought was a watch winder but am now pretty sure was part of an old sardine key, a complete butter knife plus a spare handle, a clock pendulum, some lead, a zincoln, and a weird brass piece that I think is a tie off for an old window shade cord.... I had hoped the round one with the hole in it would turn out to be a token because I could see that it was brass, but no such luck, it's yet another old toilet washer......

Oh well, better luck next time..... Hope y'all did better than I did, but at least it was a nice day to drain some batteries...

blah.jpg

Upvote 4
Here's the doohickey.... The round head is just a little smaller than a quarter.... starting to wonder if it's not some kind of coat or hat hook.... Pretty sure I've seen another one of these but I can't think of where....

doohickey.jpg

Some days you pull keepers, somedays not, but you still win just by getting out and detecting.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back