Standing liberty , what year?

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
Found this today. I gather it's a standing Liberty quarter . Any idea on yeAr? It's worn off.

image-84843237.jpg

It's the cleanest thing I ever dug up.. Lol

image-999657754.jpg

Its a Standing Liberty...not sure what year...I know they were minted from 1916-1930...Yours looks like one of the later varities

Awesome coin!

Upvote 0
well with the 3 stars on back its not a 1916 type "bare breast" it had no stars .

Upvote 0
Thats how Ya know You found silver , Its Silver from the time Ya see it :laughing7: I love finding Silver , ... Congrats :skullflag:

Upvote 0
So it's worth is basically the silver correct? Like $5 ? Lol. I'm happy I found it , but I don't feel attached to coins like I do other things I find.

Upvote 0
So it's worth is basically the silver correct? Like $5 ? Lol. I'm happy I found it , but I don't feel attached to coins like I do other things I find.

Yea...you might get a little more because of it being a standing liberty..Its a really cool coin to find.

Thats wild you arent attached to coins like your other finds...Thats my main obsession..I keep ALL my coins..and get rid of the jewelry.

Great find, those arent the easiest coins to find

Upvote 0
It's not jewelry I like either . It's hand forged iron I'm attached to. I love that hands made it and used it daily. I just found a WWI bridle rosette and I'm quite thrilled with that too. Money to me isn't personal enough I suppose .

Upvote 0
Yea...you might get a little more because of it being a standing liberty..Its a really cool coin to find. Thats wild you arent attached to coins like your other finds...Thats my main obsession..I keep ALL my coins..and get rid of the jewelry. Great find, those arent the easiest coins to find
So it's a keeper then?

Upvote 0
So it's a keeper then?

I think so....I could see people not givign a shiii about a Rosie..or Washington Quarter....But that's a good one for sure.

The hand forged Iron is awesome stuff to find!...I minaly only find pieces of old wagons and Farm related things.

The reason I like finding Old money is, it was a time were people repsected the Dollar, and other people. It was a much better time...just kinda crazy to think if i find a 1900 quarter...that was HUGE deal to lose back then

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think so....I could see people not givign a shiii about a Rosie..or Washington Quarter....But that's a good one for sure. The hand forged Iron is awesome stuff to find!...I minaly only find pieces of old wagons and Farm related things. The reason I like finding Old money is, it was a time were people repsected the Dollar, and other people. It was a much better time...just kinda crazy to think if i find a 1900 quarter...that was HUGE deal to lose back then
So true. Feel bad for em actually

Upvote 0
The stars below the Eagle indicate variety 2. Then there is the Pedestal Date from 1917 to 1924. From 1925 to 1930 it's a recessed date. If I had to guess I would say it's a Pedestal Date. The cheapest one is worth $15 in G-4 condition.

Upvote 0
1917 to 1924 most likely * the 1916 type 1 had no stars on the reverse . and the 1925 to 1930 ones had a "inset" date to remove a design flaw --the "raised dates" of the 1916 thru 1924 era wore off quickly" -- standing liberty quarters with its short time frame run of only 14 years (1916 to 1930) and with their old fancy type design are well liked by coin people.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back