🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Stamped Stainless Steel. ~2.5" Width.

MojaveSteve

Greenie
Jan 2, 2023
New to the group, my very first post here. I've been meaning to create an account here for some time (measured in years).

Found this neat little 'gem' a couple days ago. Actually, I found THIRTEEN of them in total, all in the same little spot.

The 'Cadillac V' was a popular design with not only Cadillac but also Chevrolet, other automobile makes and even found on appliances and other mid century manufactured goods.

This piece doesn't have the quality standard of trim found on the exterior of cars of the era (chrome plated, heavy cast metal) but I could see it adorned somewhere on a car interior. Maybe.

My
20221229_180010.jpg
20221229_180018.jpg
suspicions are stronger that it was used on furniture or appliances of some kind.

Anybody recognize it? Know exactly what it went to?

Can you take a picture of it next to a quarter or a measuring tape for size reference. In my mind I am thinking a refrigerator or a stove adornment. I looked up frost king. The crown sent me that way but I came up with nothing.

Upvote 2
Could it be part of a grill badge, like you would clip onto the front radiator cover? Maybe someone dropped a bunch before a car club meetup or something? What kind of area did you find it? That could help narrow it down.

Upvote 0
Could it be part of a grill badge, like you would clip onto the front radiator cover? Maybe someone dropped a bunch before a car club meetup or something? What kind of area did you find it? That could help narrow it down.
I found it in a dump that was situated back behind a rural motel/bar and possibly a garage. The contents of the dump varied from beer bottles, oil cans, house hold related items, tires etc.

Upvote 0
Can you take a picture of it next to a quarter or a measuring tape for size reference. In my mind I am thinking a refrigerator or a stove adornment. I looked up frost king. The crown sent me that way but I came up with nothing.
I'll try to get a pic up with a scale reference in a day or two.
In the meantime the first pic is of my coat sleeve, the fabric is duck if that helps for scale.

Upvote 1
It's there somewhere in the buried vault of the mind.
Not off the exterior of a car as the tangs are small what one would see off an appliance.
Then again this nearly a guess of it looks oddly familiar.

Upvote 0
If anyone will notice the adornment has small tabs that are bent over to hold it in place. I have done maintenance in apartments and appliances have that type of adornment attachments, vehicles have nuts to hold on pieces like that, not fold over tabs, the vibration from the vehicles would break off the tabs in short order, so in my opinion any moving vehicles exterior applications could be eliminated the only spot in a vehicle I think the tabs would survive might be a horn button.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back