Stainless Steel Diggers

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I design, professionally make and sell quality detecting digging tools. I can't stand some of the over priced junk we are almost forced to buy so I started making my own and its gone well. Here is just one of the handheld diggers which will attach to a T-handle, has a very aggressive tooth pattern and takes little effort to dig with. No pitting,rusting and breaking like certain other tools on the market. Go to Finders Keepers

Attachments

• PicsArt_2_26_2015 12_18_21 AM.jpg
    PicsArt_2_26_2015 12_18_21 AM.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 233
Cool design. Not sure I like the box near the handle. Seems like it would make it pretty bulking to carry around. But I really like the design of the blade. :thumbsup:

Actually it helps clear out the dirt better. Those others out there don't seem to scoop out the dirt so that's why I went with this design but here's the thing this actually attaches to a T-handle too so you can use it like a shovel in yards. If u have to get down on hands and knees it comes off the handle with the pop of a hitch pin.

I just ordered the badger blade and the Long Paw T handle. I like the idea of having a detachable handle. I plan on using it as a long shovel for relic hunting sites where cutting a perfect plug isn't as critical and without the t handle as a regular plug cutter. Ill review it after I give them a workout.

Mark

now that looks dangerous :laughing7:
the Box near the handle is probably a Good idea to help prevent injury.

Nice Digger :thumbsup:

I just got mine today. I usually don't carry a very aggressive "hand blade" because I really only use mine to scoop dirt out of the holes dug by a shovel. I am going to specifically use it instead of my Sampson to see how well it will do. So far I am impressed by the thickness of the steel and the teeth look just aggressive enough to cut going down or up, but not sharp enough to cut you if you touch the blade. I have been in manufacturing for years, and I have a degree in manufacturing, welding and machining and I think the welds and bends are well done. I checked to make sure there weren't "pin holes" and undercuts at the welds, but I don't see any. The SS steel is .072 thick. I anticipate that I will give it a thumbs up review in the tools section, once I have about 20 hours on it.

I'm really digging the scoops (no pun intended!). Is there a chance you offer coatings on these, like a bead blast finish, nitride, etc.?

No coatings offered. Being stainless steel I have to be careful of what's introduced into the metal. By this I mean if u grind using a metal blade not meant for SS well u added something that will itself rust, the SS wont rust but whatever applied can and people will naturally think its substandard SS which its not so I don't even bother getting into any extra steps besides I have to keep the cost down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back