Srange kind of coin

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:

Hi guys.
I don't remember where i found it but i kept it with the other coins so maybe one day i could clean it better.
Today i turned it upside down and i noticed this kind of humidity. I checked also the other coins but no sign of humidity in them.
Also my house doesn't have humidity problems at all.
img078.jpg

do you have any idea?

this is where i kept it

12674093_10207638485896693_592114798_n.jpg

Maybe it has an iron core that is a little mushy, maybe a world war two coin.:dontknow:

Upvote 0
the coin is very crusty looking--possibly pockets of moisture still inside- either from being in the ground or from washing off--the surface of the coin will be dry but inside that crust may be hidden pockets of moisture that continue to deteriorate the crust and will soon break free- just my opinion

Upvote 0
I find those all the time. Fried zinc penny...

Do they have fried zinc pennies in Italy?I think that would be a rare find then.LOL

Upvote 0
Can you post a pic of the reverse side?

Don.....

This is the reverse. It doesn't look like zinc and i have found it two months ago.

img085.jpg

Upvote 0
Still think that it may have a iron core, what is the reading on your at pro? and is it constant?

Upvote 0
I found a rusty coin like this one time. I'm not sure what size yours is but mine was the exact size of a penny. I'm convinced that mine was a 1943 steel US penny. Its the only one that would rust like that and it fits the time period of the area i was detecting. Maybe this is what that is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back