Spring Hunts at the Fairgrounds in Northern Mich, Silver, wheaties and Indian

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
While I have been hunting, I am way behind on posting!

Spent a quality day at the old fairgrounds beating the bushes. Still hit some "lightly frozen" ground. The weather was still a bit on the cool side when I started (40s) but warmed to the mid 50's by afternoon. I thought I would hit all the parts of the brushy areas that will soon be overgrown with ferns, raspberries and all the other vegetation that makes swinging a coil a real pain!

I started out with the new pro-coil. Doing my best to get used to it on the Quattro. After a couple of hours I switched to the 5" coil, and started feeling more productive! In the bushy areas, or with lots of junk that little coil is just plain deadly!

Some of the wheaties I am posting here came from my first spring hunt at the old farmers' union hall site.

Found a couple of mercs ('24 and '41) an 1899 Indian Penny, some early wheaties (1909 - naked variety, 1912, 1913, 1917, 1926, 1934 and 1937) a 1936 Canadian Penny, a razor and a odd junque ring.

I overdid the cleaning on a couple of the pennies, left 'em too long as I fell asleep in my recliner, but man did that nap feel good!

Attachments

• 4-09 wheaties from fairgrounds & farmers union.jpg
    4-09 wheaties from fairgrounds & farmers union.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 459
  • 4-09 wheaties from fairgrounds & farmers union b.jpg
    4-09 wheaties from fairgrounds & farmers union b.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 461
  • 4-09 Fairgrounds mercs and IHs.jpg
    4-09 Fairgrounds mercs and IHs.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 4-09 Fairgrounds mercs and IHs b.jpg
    4-09 Fairgrounds mercs and IHs b.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 4-09 razor & ring from fairgrounds.jpg
    4-09 razor & ring from fairgrounds.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
Great finds and nice pennies!

Re: Spring Hunts at the Fairgrounds in Northern Mich, Silver, wheaties and India

Congrats on some nice olds wheats! and some beautiful mercury dimes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up. best of luck and HH

Nice finds. Too bad that 1909 isn't a VDB. It's in great shape.
Randy

Nice. I know you were thrilled. Congradulations.....

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Sorry it's taking me longer than normal to respond. So busy at work these last couple of weeks.........

Good Luck,
Mark

"M" Great Finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back