Spoon advice? Unknown hallmark

AmberAnnB

Jul 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I hope it’s ok to post here I found this old spoon among my great grandmother’s things. Most of the stuff is from around the 30’s. I can’t seem to find anything matching the marking on the spoon. I’m not even sure if that’s an actual hallmark. It looks like it had decoration on the handle at one point. Any advice would be great or if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks! 8C7E9CD4-B3DE-4161-8576-E79868DFEE9F.jpeg34B68045-88CD-4EF4-AEF3-2BDAFFFFD391.jpegDB7072DE-B105-4E33-BB56-7A4B505477CB.jpeg

Welcome to tnet. From Niagara Falls. Sorry can’t help with the spoon but I’m sure someone here will help you. Stay tuned.

Upvote 0
I don't believe those dotted marks mean anything other than being decorative. The other looks like a few scratches. It could solid silver maybe sterling or coin grade ? I'm thinking it's a bit older than the 1930s

Upvote 0
I don't believe those dotted marks mean anything other than being decorative. The other looks like a few scratches. It could solid silver maybe sterling or coin grade ? I'm thinking it's a bit older than the 1930s

Thank you. At first I thought those marks were scratches but they are so much deeper than the other scratches and almost seem intentional, but then again I haven’t found any hallmarks that look similar so you might be right. Long story short, due to some health issues, I’m selling some stuff... anything I can make a few bucks on, really. In your opinion, would it be worth delving further into? Thanks for your response!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back