Attachments

• whatsit.JPG
    whatsit.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 328
  • whatsit.JPG
    whatsit.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 339
Re: Spiggot Tap?

Cool ! That's what it is . I have one similar but not sure of the age. Great find .

Upvote 0
BioProfessor ,any idea of the age?

Upvote 0
I'm working on it. I don't think they are that old. Maybe 100 years or less. Mine has a slot rather than holes. It also has a real nice patina. When I showed it to the guy running the tour, he didn't throw it in the bushes. That what he does with new stuff or crap. So I assume it is neither. If I can find out anything (hard since I didn't get to bring it home) I'll post it.

Daryl

Upvote 0
sweeeeet , that was one seriously large spigot romeo. Go look for the rest. i have actually dug halves of those and found the other halves later.I've dug 4 'round here. Must o' been some real boosers 'round here back then.LOL
My oldest is turn o' the 18th cent.

Upvote 0
Beer/cider barrell tap cica 1800

Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Same question for Crusader. What's the determining factor for it's age?

Daryl

Finger in the air.

Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
So Jim, how did you date yours?

Daryl

Started out sippin cokes on the porch swing.Then we went to the fair one night and after winnin the strong man bell ring she asked if i wanted to see her inner patina.nudge nudge say no more ;)

seriously, i jist did a google and looked thru quite a lot of 'em till i found matches.If i recall correctly, a couple also have writing on 'em that i was able to match up. Lemme guess, ya want me to dig 'em out and show pics huh?

Upvote 0
No. I found mine in the UK. I'll have to wait until it clears export and I get it and then I can compare photos.

Thanks though.

Daryl

Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Same question for Crusader. What's the determining factor for it's age?

Daryl

Had time to look it up in one of my books. That tap type for the barrell tap is quoted as 18th to mid-19th century. Therefore my finger in the air was the mid point of this type. :)

Upvote 0
Cool. I guess there are books for everything. If you don't mind, I will send you an image of mine when it gets here for a "finger in the book" estimate.

Daryl

Upvote 0
I found one too! I think it is part of a window opener.

Attachments

• 2006_1003Image0001.JPG
    2006_1003Image0001.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Neil in West Jersey said:
I found one too! I think it is part of a window opener.

Umm...I think it's already been identified as part of a spigot...it's the tap.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be so sure about some of the dates given here. I have found at least 10 all over the place and recall finding some at bottle sites that date from 1900 to 1920. I have found a few at sites that date from the late 1800's but never sites from the 18th or early 19th century.
I am interested in finding out more about these.
Dave.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back