Spanish Medal site coins

van Gogh

Jun 1, 2005
-*- Iowa -*-
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum, Minelab Explorer II, strong back and a weak mind
Here are a few of the coins I found at the same location I found the Spanish war medal. The location has been really good to me so far and I have only covered 1/30th of the available grounds. Wish it wasn't 50 miles away from my homestead! Lots and lots of wheat cents, silver Roosie's, and various other goodies go along with these finds. As usual, the picture does not do the condition of 2 of the Barber's any justice. Guess I should have used my scanner. The mercs are 1941, 1941 S, 1920 S, and 1929. The Washington quarter is dated 1963 D. The Indian is 1885. The Barber dimes are 1902 (an easy XF but stained from the ground conditions), 1899 and 1908 D. The large cent is the Coronet style but the date is worn smooth. Perhaps it was someone's good luck charm. They must have run out of luck since they lost it. :o The other to items are half of a love charm with the name Chapman on it and a goofy lookin' skull ring I threw in for the heck of it.

Attachments

• DSC05625.JPG
    DSC05625.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0
I sure was SparklyStuff. It has been the kind of place where you have to pinch yourself a lot to make sure your finds are for real.
I like your nickname BTW. May your days be filled with things that sparkle!

Thank you!

I do want to find that elusive ring with a real sparkly in it...but the laffs I get finding the cheapies are priceless. :)

I think we share the same sense of humor....
I might do o.k. with the silver coins but my track record for gold rings with the adorning sparklers in second to everyone! Guess I better start digging more pulltab singals! Zoinks!

VG YOU DEFINETELY FOUND A SPOT THAT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM IS LOOKING FOR.AN IM THINKING NO ONE WOULD HAVE TROUBLE DRIVING 50 MILES WITH FINDS LIKE THAT.MAKE A DAY OF IT PACK A LUNCH. GREAT FINDS LOVE THOSE MERCS.
BUD

Gets in the blood, doesn't it Buudman.? 50 miles doesn't seem that far of a drive for a good day of detecting.? I try to head out early to make the most of the day.? I think you are right though - I have a killer site and shouldn't complain about a nominal drive to get there.? :)? Funny thing is that I use to live in the town where this location is and hand no clue it would bear so many fruits.? If I had only known then what I know now... . ;D

Wow, that's a lot of silver for one hunt! HH, Mike

This was actually a combination of 2 hunts. I probably should have mentioned that up top. Still knocks the socks off of what 2 hunts usually look like for me! What a difference a good location makes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back