🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some help figuring this one out. It is made of sheet copper and has two holes in it. It looks like it might have been hand cut into shape and the pointy end is pretty sharp.

It was recovered from a now wooded cellar hole site in western Connecticut, in rich soil about 8” down. The general area would have been an open field next to the house. A large steam runs very close by.

Any comments or opinions from the ‘experts’ would be appreciated.
Thanks for Looking!
Nick

Attachments

• 101_5657.jpg
    101_5657.jpg
    963.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 101_5658.jpg
    101_5658.jpg
    925.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 101_5662.jpg
    101_5662.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 139
Does it bend easily? It looks like a pull handle that would have been attached via the two holes shown.

Upvote 0
Does it bend easily? It looks like a pull handle that would have been attached via the two holes shown.
Yes, it bends very easily. I have opted to not try and straighten it out until I know for sure what I'm dealing with.
Nick

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What you have there is half of a scissors blade to a sheep shearers scissors.

Upvote 0
What you have there is half of a scissors blade to a sheep shearers scissors.
Well I thought about that. The shape suggests something scissor-like but the copper is not rigid enough and there is no edge to it like a blade.

Upvote 0
Maybe a leaf from a decorative copper plant?
It is kind of leaf like and could have been fastened to a branching structure.

Upvote 0
I need some help figuring this one out. It is made of sheet copper and has two holes in it. It looks like it might have been hand cut into shape and the pointy end is pretty sharp.

It was recovered from a now wooded cellar hole site in western Connecticut, in rich soil about 8” down. The general area would have been an open field next to the house. A large steam runs very close by.

Any comments or opinions from the ‘experts’ would be appreciated.
Thanks for Looking!
Nick
I'm thinking it was fashioned for a whirligig, probably a blade. I've seen similar ones, since they are all hand made, they will be unique of course. Looks well made.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it was fashioned for a whirligig, probably a blade. I've seen similar ones, since they are all hand made, they will be unique of course. Looks well made.
Thanks! That's a possibility I hadn't thought of.
Nick

Upvote 0
Yeah, it would be too soft for any kind of tool or weapon.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it would be too soft for any kind of tool or weapon.
Do you suppose it would be too soft to be an Indian Trade Point?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back