maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small bronze stature, that was given to me, by my wife, but at the time, I thought it was just something she picked up from a shop. Later she told me that some kids dug it up, and gave it to her, then she cleaned it up.

I have had a couple people look at it, their guess is that its about 500 years old, and either Burmese or Cambodian. It was found in an area that has been populated by Burmese, and even today, most people are of Burmese decent.

So, it is old, and probably Burmese, but what or who does it represent. My internet searches have come up with similar style horses, but without a rider, and no real info. There are no marks or stamps on it,

So, I hope there are some South East Asia bronze experts out there, that can give me some more info.

Mackadon, this might even be difficult for you! :laughing7:, but you seem to be an expert at finding just about anything!

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 170
From what I could find it appears to be Shiva, a Hindu God (or deva, depending on who you ask) who can take on different forms (I guess He's the original Transformer) and as such He killed a couple of bad guys and saved the day. So some Hindus worship Him and have a statue in their house and all that because He's all kinds of powerful. I read that amongst the sects of Hinduism is Shaivism and they're all about this Guy because he did 5 cool things.
Anyway, I believe you would need an expert to put a date on this, due to the long history of this Dude, as it's helpful to be able to actually hold an item such as this for such an appraisal.

Upvote 0
Thanks nhbenz for your information. I will do some searching for Shiva or Deva, and see if I can find anything similar.

Upvote 0
Beautiful bronze! Wish I could help with the id. Looks like it might be time to sent some emails to museums or Hindu churches. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back