Something catchy or witty

Ozark Flatlander

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2024
Harrison, Arkansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, my name is Stephen and I'm an addict. Wife bought me a metal detector a couple of Christmases ago, and I've been hooked ever since. After following the site for a year, finally decided to join the circus. Originally from the Arkansas delta (intolerable humidity, hordes of mosquitoes, and pine thickets)for 49 years, moved to the beautiful Ozarks last summer. Bought a small farmhouse on two acres and detecting every inch trying to get an idea of how old the place is...noone can find the original deed, but I've already found shotgun shell stamps from late 1890s to early 1900s.

Welcome, fellow addict.

Bought a small farmhouse on two acres and detecting every inch trying to get an idea of how old the place is...noone can find the original deed, but I've already found shotgun shell stamps from late 1890s to early 1900s.
Nice! That's some fun hunting, digging up the history of your own property. I hope you find lots of interesting things.

Welcome, fellow addict.

Nice! That's some fun hunting, digging up the history of your own property. I hope you find lots of interesting things.
It definitely is! I enjoyed digging up my property down south and look forward to sharing my discoveries here. Must say I've thoroughly enjoyed your Mystery House journal immensely.

Welcome to the forum.
What make of detector did your better half buy you?
Nothing beats walking out the door and turning on the detector.

I have been living at my present location for 10.5 yrs. I have yet to detect my lawn.🤣

...moved to the beautiful Ozarks...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Well, considering the "Ozarks" consists of many states - you might consider (in alphabetical order) browsing FORUM: ARKANSAS, FORUM: KANSAS, FORUM: MISSOURI and FORUM: OKLAHOMA for information directly related whichever state you actually live in...

Welcome to the forum.

I have been living at my present location for 10.5 yrs. I have yet to detect my lawn.🤣

Welcome to the forum.

I'd have to say she's more like the better 3/4 of me...lol. The machine she bought was one from Harbor Freight, since she was unsure if I'd enjoy it the way I do. Also got me a pinpointer to go along with it. I do plan on upgrading, but renovations come first.

I'd have to say she's more like the better 3/4 of me...lol. The machine she bought was one from Harbor Freight, since she was unsure if I'd enjoy it the way I do. Also got me a pinpointer to go along with it. I do plan on upgrading, but renovations come first.
I can only speak about my own experiences when it comes to renovations/time/$$$/detecting.
My heart felt condolences go out to you. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back