Someone has to know

picky40

Sep 7, 2012
Mifflinburg,pa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this yesterday at an old homestead about 8" down. I got excited when I saw the eagle but I have no idea what it is. Any help would be great ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429477082.119175.jpg

.Part of a sash buckle. Sure looks like the same eagle as on a breastplate from the CW.Looks like it would have possibly had a match to it like this one......

000_7072-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you might have found half of a 1833 N.c.O "Non-commissioned- officer' 2 piece sword belt buckle. quite very rare.

Upvote 0
I found your plate in "American Military Belt Plates" on page 168. It says "waist belt plate, regulation 1834 pattern, infantry NCO, ca 1834-1839". The other piece had the "US" on it. Darn nice find.

Upvote 0
I would flip to find half of one.But I would be looking like wildfire for the rest of that badboy.Congratulations!~Check out page 6 on the banner finds.Tnet member Vino found one.

Upvote 0
Picky40 if I found that and went back for the other halve, by the time I was finished damn place would look to have golpher holes everywhere.Hope you find the other halve.vanzutphen

Upvote 0
I have to go back and search some more that would be awesome to find the other half!! Thank you all for the information!!!

Upvote 0
It's very good chance it is there. Just don't give up. Took me two months to find other half of my reef buckle. Dreams do come true! Look forward to seeing it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back