🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Some type of instrument reed?

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a permission that tends to produce little in the way of items older than the house. The property was farmed till 1973, and there is a barn from roughly late 1800's on the property. The barn is on the 1874 map, but not the 1860. Lately though, I've been starting to find older items. I found this yesterday and I'm thinking some type of reed. It's 2" long and about 3/8" wide. Clearly something was attached over the slot. It's made of brass.

P1001440_WM.jpg
P1001441_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

I have a permission that tends to produce little in the way of items older than the house. The property was farmed till 1973, and there is a barn from roughly late 1800's on the property. The barn is on the 1874 map, but not the 1860. Lately though, I've been starting to find older items. I found this yesterday and I'm thinking some type of reed. It's 2" long and about 3/8" wide. Clearly something was attached over the slot. It's made of brass.

View attachment 2151316View attachment 2151317

Thanks for looking...
Yeah I agree with that for sure, reed. Wind instrument, organ reed of some sort.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back