Some type of handle and a thick metal whatsit...

Vaquero45

Jan 21, 2012
Brunswick County, VA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone I'd what the handle might have been to and what this other thing may be? Possible age? Thanks.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have been told after finding many in civil war camps that these are handles to certain pots and trays and tubs not at a saying they are correct but they are mostly where I find them .Sure someone will gong in and get it right.vanzutphen

Upvote 0
IDK, but I found one just like it along an old fence line I find old horseshoes. I think its tack related. The one I have is 3-9/16 inches wide. BosnMate will tells us what we both now have, as he's an ol' cowpoke. The 2nd item looks?? like the handle end of a busted metal file.

Attachments

• buckle 1.jpg
    buckle 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been told after finding many in civil war camps that these are handles to certain pots and trays and tubs not at a saying they are correct but they are mostly where I find them .Sure someone will gong in and get it right.vanzutphen
Huh! Could be exactly what it is...A galvanized pail pail or bucket. This one I have does look galvanized.

Upvote 0
Don't think it is a cinch not smooth enough, a cinch is right against a horses body.

Upvote 0
Looks like a D-ring from an old wood side flat bed truck, trailer or buckboard used for tie down straps for logs. Tamrock said he found his along a fence line which would make since if it broke loose while hauling a load of fence posts, in which the D-ring was used to tie down the load of fence posts. it would be mounted with a bracket similar to the one seen in this image
D-ring and Mount.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back