✅ SOLVED Some type of button.

Plasma

Feb 5, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over the summer I found this button, it has a brass color to it. It has this wire like design on it with a textured background. I've tried looking for buttons similar to it, but have come up with nothing. In my opinion, it doesn't look like the type of button you'd see on everyday wear, just by the design that is on it.

2013-02-05_02-54-14_983.jpg2013-02-05_02-55-32_335.jpg

Welcome to Treasurenet. :) Your find is what button-collectors call a "Fashion" button, manufactured for use in the civilian clothing industry. "Fashion" buttons are distinguished by being more ornate than simple buttons for everyday clothing. Your button was most probably on a ladies' dressup coat.

To determine a button's age, we collectors rely on examining the button's form of construction (1-piece, 2-piece, 3-piece, type of material/metal, whether it is machine-stamped or solid-cast metal, and (in particular) the form of thread-loop or shank on its back. Your button has what button-manufacturers call a "hopper" shank, which first appears on early-1900s buttons. I would guess that your button was made in the middle 1/3rd of the 20th-Century.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Glad to be here. And thank you for the information! It is is pretty good condition. Besides the black paint that seems to have came off.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back