some sort of pin or something??????????

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar
any ideas?

3/4 x 1/2 high says sterling on the back

There is no pin or attachments on the back. The only marking I can see is "sterling" on the back. It is less than 3/4" long and less than 1/2" high. Not sure what the red lined white square with blue star stands for. Got a clue?
pin2.jpg
pin1.jpg

thanks,

WW-2 Mother's star pin. Mothers wore these proudly to show the had a son in the service during WW-2. Some had as many as four Son's. Yours had a pin on back at one time. The three star and up are the rarest. Very nice find.
DG

Upvote 0
Here's a modern day one Ralph.It is on my riding vest.They are called service pins like dg39 stated, same as the service flag like the one in our window now.
This is our 3rd one since 9/11
Let's pray that the stars ALL stay blue.

Attachments

• Picture 016 (Small).jpg
    Picture 016 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
thanks guys ... good to know that.......

i wonder what the history is behind this one... its a friends not a MD find

Upvote 0
Ralphw said:
thanks guys ... good to know that.......

i wonder what the history is behind this one... its a friends not a MD find

I can tell ya this Ralph.The star is blue and THAT is a good thing.
That means that that particular service personele is/was alive.
dg39 is probly correct at that one bein WWII, they don't make 'em that nice nowadays as you can see by mine.
Respect that one and say a prayer of thanks. It designates someone that fought for your freedoms.

Upvote 0
Good ID Mr. DG!

Found a couple on ebay the one star one is WWII

The ones I've seen are all like the ones I posted. Yours seems "special" so will keep tracking.

Tony

Attachments

• 1201612454608080_1.jpg
    1201612454608080_1.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 2301710277138080_1.jpg
    2301710277138080_1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
mothers of veterans serving over seas in WWII started up a support group called the blue star moms. they would were these on there blouses to show everyone they had a son serving over in the war a gold star meant that they were killed in action. nice find by the way

Upvote 0
My Grandmother had 6 boys overseas in WWII. I never saw a blue star pin or anything like it among her possessions. They all came back alive even though they were all in the thick of combat in Europe at the same time. None of them served in the same unit and they didn't know the fate of each other until late 1944 or 1945. I wasn't born until 1944 and never saw much of her war time memorabilia. But up until the day she died she still had their pictures in their uniforms lined up on one wall of her house. I often wonder what became of those pictures after she died. I was overseas in the Air Force myself at the time and when I got home all her things were gone. Nice find. A lot of patriotic and sentimental memories are hidden in that old pin. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back