Some sort of old button?????

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar
hello found this thing and not sure what it is... looks like some sort of button I guess

from what I can see on the back I think it says NESTE-- PA INC ------

four words then under the neste thing it looks like someone scratched FO-

is about the size of a quarter

the front has words but is too crudded up,, wanted to know if anyone has any idea what it might be , before I try to clean it?
any advice on how to clean it? hot peroxide?
Thanks
button1.jpg

button2.jpg

wow good eye!!!!
I think you're right... I wonder what it says on the front and I wonder how old,
says they started in 1870

Upvote 0
A H WIRZ

I was digging around a 1930's home in South Boston VA yesterday and found a similar 'button', although I believe it is the top of an old tube (toothpaste/aftershave/etc). Mine is a bit more clear and says "HARMONY OF BOSTON" ON THE FRONT, AND "WIRZ INC CHESTER PA PAT 5 25 15". If you GOOGLE A H Wirz you will get the history of the company. HAPPY DIGGING !:coffee2:

Upvote 0
I was digging around a 1930's home in South Boston VA yesterday and found a similar 'button', although I believe it is the top of an old tube (toothpaste/aftershave/etc). Mine is a bit more clear and says "HARMONY OF BOSTON" ON THE FRONT, AND "WIRZ INC CHESTER PA PAT 5 25 15". If you GOOGLE A H Wirz you will get the history of the company. HAPPY DIGGING !:coffee2:
Can u post a pic?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
No pic here but a great explanation. Lot of 2 Barber Bottle Dispenser Tops - Brass w Cork

These caps were intended for dispensing liquids for hair treatment, lotion or perfume from a bottle. They are brass and cork and were never used as I got them from the original box of old store stock. The center piece pulls out to open the way to dispense the contents of the bottle. T is writing under to lid which reads; "Pat. 5-25-15 Wirz Inc. Chester, PA". The diameter of the cork is 1/2 inch at the bottom and 5/8 inch at the top. The brass rim measures approx. 1 inch and the over-all length of the cap is 1 1/2 inches.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back