✅ SOLVED Some sort of fastener?

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could be way off in thinking it is a fastener. However, with the nine small holes on the back side, I think it was secured to something. :dontknow:

The photo may be hard to see but the front side has a crown while the back side is smooth with no features. Behind the crown but on the smooth side near all of the holes are the letters "CK". The letters are not visible on the photos but they are just below the nasty scratch I made while digging this item up! :BangHead:

Attachments

• Front Side.gif
    Front Side.gif
    939.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Back Side.gif
    Back Side.gif
    996.2 KB · Views: 86
It is a type of button .. I forget what it's called though. One was recently pictured in American Digger.

Upvote 0
It is a World War One era German Army belt "button." Go to the following webpage and scroll down a bit. More German Buttons

Creskol, you might want to give that information to the Ebay seller, so he won't list it in the Antiques > Antiquities > Byzantine category. ;-)

Upvote 0
Creskol, you might want to give that information to the Ebay seller, so he won't list it in the Antiques > Antiquities > Byzantine category. ;-)

I won't worry about that one too much, Pete, but I am glad to see a proper ID.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the identification "creskol" & "TheCannonBallGuy." I appreciate it! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back