Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0
Noticed the three heart charms, some one at that school broke a lot of hearts. Great finds there Rooster, keep us posted on your next outing.

"Not One Cent"- now that my friend is no normal school yard find! If not mistaken, I believe it dates back to the Civil War. Very, very 8). WTG!

yeah, thats a cw token. they were made during the war due to the shortage of real small denomination coins. shopkeepers and merchants used them for change. nice find!

Very nice finds, man. The cent is an "Hard times token", that predate the civil war. The wording "millions for defense, not one cent for tribute" refers to a demand by the french government that the U.S. pay them money, amounting to a tribute. Here is a picture of a clean one. Gotta find me something that old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 261
There were many different varieties. Can you show us the front? BTW don't use anything but soap and water.

THE FRONT OF THE COIN LOOKS LIKE THE WHITE HOUSE, COULD THAT BE? IM SOAKING IT IN SOAP & WATER BECAUSE I CANT SEE ANY DATE RIGHT NOW. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BETTER WAY TO CLEAN IT UP. THANKS, THE ROOSTER

WOW!!!
I have type WOW! atleast a dozen times this morining. People are finding some great stuff lately.
That is one awesome find, exspecally from a school yard. I have yet to hit any school yards myself, but I think it's about time...
WTG!!!

P.S.> I'm no expert, but I don't think you would want to clean that with anything but, water, the soap is probabaly ok, but even that may depend on what type of soap you use. Some types may be more harmful then others...

HOLY COW or COIN. Nice find. You just elevated to collector now.That is some really nice finds.Good Job. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back