Some past personal finds that people have missed

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since I can't get out and hunt, I decided to share a few of my favorites finds that people have missed over the years.

I found this point about 3 years ago laying flat out in about 4" of water. I used to hunt the creek for years without any real competition, but then about 5 years ago, someone started hitting it hard and I couldn't beat them. I finally noticed after several times that they were hunting it very early and the water was still muddy. I can now wait for them to hunt the bars and I go back after the water is nice and clear and pick up the ones they leave. This is a good example.

DSC01204-full;init:.JPG

I found this point somewhere around 1984 or so. This was laying in about 8" of water after footprints. It was also just laying flat out and all showing. The water had to be muddy on them, too.

DSC01574-full;init:.JPG

I found this piece three years ago weeks after the water had cleared up. There were old footprints, but I decided to just hop in and walk anyway. I had hunted for about 2 hours and only found one average point and was coming up on the last hole before I had to get out. I was looking at which side of the creek to get out on and it looked easier to get out on the right, so I started walking that way. I looked out in the water and saw this point at about 2' deep laying in a hole in the clay. Lucky I didn't miss it, too!!

http://stevesarrowheads.googlepages.com/DSC08445.JPG/DSC08445-full;init:.JPG

Thanks to everyone that posts their finds. I really enjoy getting to see them.

Upvote 0
great size, big ones, and perfect. thanks. John

Nice finds Steve, gotta luv those big ones.
Thanks for showing us, always a pleasure to see your finds.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back