Some old bottle finds from Will County, IL

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to search around a creek deep in a forest preserve without my detector and found some interesting bottles. All eyeball finds. Can anyone provide any info. on these?

1. A complete bottle that it embossed with "JEWELL WATER CO. LADROC BEVCS." around the top and "CHICAGO, ILL CONT. 7 FL. OZ." around the bottom (can't find much about this bottle on the internet.

2. 2 matching green glass items (and a 3rd that isn't matching but similar that says "patent May 2, 1893"). They look like they screwed into something and looks to be electrical insulators. I actually thought they were the tops to a bed post before I realized they were glass.

3. Glass shard of old Coca Cola bottle- Embossed with "trademark in U.S. patent" on it. Wondering if it is possible to determine how old just from that shard?

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6644.jpg

IMG_6647.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6642.jpg
    IMG_6642.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6644.jpg
    IMG_6644.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Decided to search around a creek deep in a forest preserve without my detector and found some interesting bottles. All eyeball finds. Can anyone provide any info. on these?

1. A complete bottle that it embossed with "JEWELL WATER CO. LADROC BEVCS." around the top and "CHICAGO, ILL CONT. 7 FL. OZ." around the bottom (can't find much about this bottle on the internet.

2. 2 matching green glass items (and a 3rd that isn't matching but similar that says "patent May 2, 1893"). They look like they screwed into something and looks to be electrical insulators. I actually thought they were the tops to a bed post before I realized they were glass.

3. Glass shard of old Coca Cola bottle- Embossed with "trademark in U.S. patent" on it. Wondering if it is possible to determine how old just from that shard?

View attachment 2165004

View attachment 2165005

View attachment 2165009

View attachment 2165007
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back