Some of the finds from Missouri Stone Henge :)

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is where i've been detecting for the last few days, Its a huge area I have many finds from this spot there are over 50 large pillars in the area I will post post the finds when Im done detecting this spot because of so many good finds . Also once again there is absolutly nothing on the topo's for this area. I believe it was for a bridge, the pics I made are only part of the features. they go up and down 2 hills and part of an old road with lots of wagon wheels is also left there. jd

Hi guys its a huge area and we have only begun to detect it. Here are some of the relics and odds and ends found so far. Many whats its lol
We have found many coins so far I will post them at a later time, I posted some of the gold jewelry finds so far. if you recognize some of the stuff please post a response and tell what it is. lol jd

the little ring is 14k the "letter" ring is 18k

Attachments

• Picture 526b.JPG
    Picture 526b.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 491
  • Picture 533a.JPG
    Picture 533a.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 543a.JPG
    Picture 543a.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0
Awesome man! Looks like a great area, and alot of area to cover. Keep us posted on more finds. Am interested to see the coins to. Oh great ring by the way. Good luck on your return to your own private stonhendge. Thanks for the great pics. :)

at this time the stone pillars are the remains of a large bridge. Im hoping to go to the library tomorrow to find out more about the spot. jd

WOW! That's a great spot! Look's like you'll be busy all summer! :D

Nana ;D

MAN O MAN J.D. That looks like one great site.Great finds,look forward to your next post.HH

Great finds!!!, and great looking site.
Finding the spoons at a bridge seems alittle odd to me. I was thinking the spot might have been a picnic area as well...
Definitely looks to have had some trafic...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

That is a really great site JD. The finds are incredible for in the middle of knowwhere. the Object at the bottom of the pic in the center of the second pic..looks like a crown or some end to a spoon with a stone in it. ??Also this looks like possible an early CCC project or corp of engineers work. The Wagon wheels throw that theory off though. Was this at one time a river bed and the Corp rerouted the river and so the Bridge became obsolete? And is there any timber from the bridge around or raised Trestle from a railroad.? One more thing JD. What did you ever find out about your Spanish Seal? HH

we were out detecting in some woods and we found a small stream in the middle of no where that was filled with old glass and pottry shards so we followed the stream for about 1 1/2 -2 miles and found the giant pillars, there is a very pretty valley surrounded on all sides buy hills you can see 2 old roads that come along side of the pillars, I believe it was an old bridge up on top of the hill you can still see the old road leading to it with wagon wheels and old barrel rings all over the place. I think the small valley was used as a picnic grove most of the finds have been there. the finds are amazing from this place so far, i took my buddy steve yesterday and right away he found an 1899 barber half dollar! boy was he excited. Im gonna hit library today to see if I can find out more info on the area. jd

Great site J.d. Keep up the good work. Those rings are real nice to.

HH Jer

Hey, JD. I do recognize the objects in the lower right hand corner of the relics' picture. It's pieces of a harmonica reed. I found one a few weeks ago. You can see how the rectangular holes gradually get smaller and smaller for the different pitches.

Good Luck,
Haupin

Wonder if that might have been the site of an old "Grist" Mill? Have you seen any sign's of a large round stone? Where about's are you in MO. ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back