Some Of My Limited Edition Native American Prints

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my artifact room I have multiple limited edition Native American prints from several fairly famous artists western artists I met on different occasions while on vacations in the West.

(Pictures are off the internet, when I try to take pictures there is bad glare off the glass.)

Eric Von Schmidt
Here Fell Custer limited edition print. 26.5x41.5" #57 of 950

View attachment 2157243.

Mort Kunsler
Custer Last Stand 20x30" signed limited Edition print #75 of 850

View attachment 2157232

Don Griffith
Happy Hunting Ground 24"30" Artist Proof print

View attachment 2157244

Upvote 15
In my artifact room I have multiple limited edition Native American prints from several fairly famous artists western artists I met on different occasions while on vacations in the West.

(Pictures are off the internet, when I try to take pictures there is bad glare off the glass.)

Eric Von Schmidt
Here Fell Custer limited edition print. 26.5x41.5" #57 of 950

View attachment 2157243.

Mort Kunsler
Custer Last Stand 20x30" signed limited Edition print #75 of 850

View attachment 2157232

Don Griffith
Happy Hunting Ground 24"30" Artist Proof print

View attachment 2157244
There are some brilliant artist out there. And huge growing market.

The Holy Rattle (Elkwater Lake Battle, 1864) by Z.S. Liang was expected to bring up to $120,000 at auction.

q.JPG

Just love his use of color and ability illustrate chaotic motion. Some thing i could never do. Never get my head around. I see great technical skill in his works.

A work belong by bill Anton

q4.JPG

or Buffalo Dreamer by Martin Grelle below

q3.JPG

There is whole host of other brilliant artists. I could keep posting That really highlight the spirit of American west.

Crow

Not according to academia. this crap of on canvas is a work of art to them. Art museums around the word are full of them. Call it abstract art. No effort or any skill at all rubbing ones turd on canvas. But yep tax payer academics think it great.

26720.jpg

Or for example Jackson Pollock's Blue Poles much vaunted as one of America greatest artists. his panting below worth 500 million. Blue poles. where the value and skill and talent spilling paint on a canvas?

36334_apm.jpg

Billions are spent on creating vast national art galleries full of crap by totally untalented artists. yet the great irony there is people who can really paint never get a look in. Or the recognition they really deserve.

Look at the artist skill creating not just motion, the Dust and the figure running towards. That takes real skill to create that illusion. With virtually no fore ground to vanishing point.

q2.JPG

Then look at blue poles and the crap of the canvas. there is zero skill.

Academic hypocrisy at its finest.

Crow

Last edited:
Here is German landscape painter from Eugene von Guerard born 17th November 1811 died 17th April 1901. Here is his painting of Milford sound , with Pembroke peak and Bowen falls in New Zealand. To see the work in person it a very large canvas it is almost stepping inside a photograph. the skill; capturing the mood and atmosphere of the place is astounding..

OA1.1970##S.jpg

If you can look closely you can see the detail of individual pebbles on the shore line. And reflection in the water creating the impression the water is reflecting like the mirror. This takes great skill. I was to rank myself as artist I would be in Bottom 30% when it comes to draftsmanship composition and brush skill. there are some totally awesome gifted artists out there.

These days my hand are shot from a hard working life I can hardly draw a stick figure.

Even so I can understand and appreciate technique.

Crow

Last edited:
Paintings today have lost narrative.

While this is a painting is only a white mans perspective, it still tells a narrative. Yet I can appreciate the skill of the painter to create such a composition. Here our eye snakes its way from the foreground to background creating a sense of vast long lines of people.

we.JPG

But even if only one part of the narrative manifest destiny. That said it plays an important part in snapshot before photographs became widely available into world visually unseen and remembered.

I love the technique of play of figures with light. then supported by the shadow indication where the sun is shining from. That and the sweeping the eye from the fore ground to vanishing point creates an illusion of distance.

That to me it is an important post card into the past showing the drive and determination to thrive and survive taming the untamed lands for better or for worse.

There was no such thing as sure thing in life even today. Around the world people move, migrate for opportunity and better life. it is the immigrants dream. Many fail and perish along the way. We all know people ourselves that failed and perished in one way or another, for that is song of life.

For me western art show cases all of those things and the clashes between to cultures and very different ways of life embedded into beautiful intoxicating landscapes.

Good painters with strong perspective skills and the age old skills from the great masters highlight the insight and sheer talent these artists have.

Artists who have an exceptional eye for detail will carry those perspective into everything they do. For me I can really appreciate every brush stroke.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back