DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found some more items I've collected over the years that I haven't been able to ID. All are about quarter size. White stamp looking piece is made out of lead. Top two obverse/reverse. Bottom row nothing on the reverse. I appreciate all the help!! HH

pp2.JPGpp1.JPGpp3.JPGpp4.JPGpp5.JPGpp6.JPG

Hey DJ, pre 1920s miners were paid partially with tokens to be used at company stores. I'm not an expert but I'd guess your token to be anywhere from post civil war to the 20th century labor movement. Your coal company was apparently located in Cumberland , Maryland for 85 years...you near there? The last item looks like a tool tag.

Upvote 0
Thanks, charlives. Live in the Baltimore area and that makes sense. I did find the Consolidated Coal token on line but couldn't find a value.

Upvote 0
The top one looks to be a saloon trade token. Nice finds!

Upvote 0
The last one is a miners brass tag. Google that and all kinds of info comes up. Sorry I don't know how to attatch links.

Upvote 0
Is the bottom left item pewter or lead? There is no photo of the back of it. Could you post one?

Regards,

Buck

Upvote 0
The bottom one is lead and has nothing on the reverse. Quarter size and approx. 1/4" thick.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back