Some more finds at the old dump

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting and bottle digging finds at the old dump in the woods (circa early 1900s) today include an old stove grate, another horseshoe, a Federal Nickel Silver spoon, an old pipe wrench, some cobalt blue bottles, an amber Piso Company drug bottle, two jelly jars, one a star-horseshoe brand, a small Mistol bottle with glass stopper tube, etc. 1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG3.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG4.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Congratulations on some nice glass and relics! :occasion14:

always cool finds

That sure is a purdy blue! Nice saves, Mosher, those will look great in your display. Ddf.

Nice finds! is it normal to find that many intact bottles in one place? Every one I find seems to have been used for target practice!:BangHead:

Wow I really love those blue bottles! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: Any tips on how to find old dumps? They don't seem to show up on old maps.

Great finds you guys do so well. Time for a huge glass door display case Amazing Happy Holidays to you and yours. Tommy

Wow I really love those blue bottles! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: Any tips on how to find old dumps? They don't seem to show up on old maps.
Lots of old farm properties have a dump, over a ravine, in the woods, or for instance at a swamp’s edge. I like the ones that date back to 1900 or earlier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back