Some Lexington Locals... *UPDATE*

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
There has been interest and I will be getting with a guy sometime in early November to sort out logistics. (Sorry, I'm running for a political office in Nicholasville and I'm swamped). I'll be back in touch via this website and locale to fill everyone in....PLEASE STAND BY...patiently. :wink:

...have expressed an interest in meeting topossibly form a club.

This is just a "feeler."

Some questions...feel free to email pm me or post here.

As a treasure/relic hunter, what would be your expectations of a club?

== Seriously, tell me what you want. Don't read others posts and say "yeah, me too". I say this because we all have our own expections.==

What would be the best night to meet?

Where would a good meeting place be? (I mean, tell us a meeting place that doesn't charge to be there that could hold up to 25?)

Would you be willing to be an officer?
Would you be willing to write a newsletter each month.
These things do come up

Remember, at this time, this is just a "feeler", but I've been approached by a couple of guys from the old club here in Lexington.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Burt

All Central Kentucky/ALL Kentucky Welcome

This is intended for any and all that are interested. Not just Lexington locals

Some guys from the old club want to have a club again, so that's what this is all about.

All are welcome and encouraged to comment and/or reply.

Burt

Re: Some Lexington Locals...

I have a really nice big tree in my backyard that we could build a fort in. My mom will let me have sleep overs also.

Count me in Burt sounds like fun. Ive never been in a detector club before I think I could benefit from it. Let me know what you need me to do.

Tom

Getting together to meet sounds interesting. I have not been involved in a club before either. I don't live in Lex but work there. If it comes together, let me know. [email protected]

kindafoundabuckle said:
I have a really nice big tree in my backyard that we could build a fort in. My mom will let me have sleep overs also.
Tom

Oh God, not another TREE!

Dont worry BB, I think he is talking about his woody. ::)

I'm always leery about trees and sleepovers.

Keep an eye open wood(?) ya.

LOL

Burt

Hey! I'm local! I live right here in Lexington myself. I'm interested in finding a club or just a casual social group of like minded MD enthusiasts to get together and hunt or just talk, bullshit, trade stories, tips, tricks etc. I would think that "clubs" or organizations would have better or easier access to some of the sites that I'm sure all of us have thought about searching or have lusted to get in there and sweep a while. I for one would LOVE to get in the Lyon's BlueGrass Fair Grounds out at Masterson Station Park. Not the parking lots, I've been there and will continue to go there for years. I've found lots of clad and stuff on the rolling hills that become a giant parking lot during the fair. No, I mean INSIDE the fence. Where everything is locked up and off limits when the fair is not in operation. I'm sure there are legal and binding reasons for this, Liability for one, some fool gets in there and goes hacking and digging right into a HOT signal only to find it's a high voltage electrical supply burried under the grounds of the midway or wherever. I'd be happy to sign any waivers or whatever clearing the fairgrounds owners and operators of liability. <shrug> Anyway. That's one of my dream sites. Probably better as a wishfull idea than it would turn out to be in reality, but *sigh* One can dream right?
Fair grounds, OLD OLD houses, or parks that are all over this city. I'm sure everyone has more than one wish site.

Anyway.. drop me a line!

Frodov

Sounds very interesting, you can count me in. I am a member of the Marine Corps league and they meet every third Thursday at perkins on richmond road. I don't think they pay for anything other than their drink or meals and they are set aside from the rest of the dining area. Might be a good place to meet and talk about treasures we wish we could find and treasures we have found. Even at it's worst we can eat and be friends an djust get together with the few of us. Let me know what you think.

Sounds good to me.. my wife is always telling me I should get out more..hmmm... wonder if that's a hint of somekind.. <one raised eyebrow> Oh well.. Yeah, to getting together, we'll have to take the other questions when we actually get together. I'm not so sure I'd like to be an "officer" or anything.. too much like management, I burned out on that a long time ago. As for dues and that kind of thing, sure.. if reasonable, why not?

Frodov

Hey All,

I am new to this and would like to join a club or just meet with some people. I started out with my children by finding fossils and some neat lost items. However, they have all been surface finds. A way of spending quality time with the family. We have all received the hunters bug. I am looking to personaly expand my participation by buying equipment and learning how to do it the right way. I am a professional photographer, graphic designer in Pendleton, Kentucky.

If there is not a club set up but, someone would like to meet or hunt. Please, let me know. I am always game for a good hunt on the weekends. My email is [email protected]

PS. I see houses like this around my place and I know the owners. Are these good places to hunt? or are then too many junk or scrap metal to go through?

Attachments

• The-Forgotten-2.jpg
    The-Forgotten-2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 639

hell yeah its a good place to hunt...you just have to work your way around the scrap metal/junk and learn your signals....which is what I'm still trying to figure out with my ACE250. I live in Crestwood, Ky right outside of Louisville..we need to meet up for a hunt sometime!

Wow that looks like a great house to hunt. Bet there is a lot of nice finds there waiting for you. I got weekends off and maybe we can link up somewhere for a get together and a meet and greet.

Bernie

I'm from Lexington and would be very interested in getting into a treasure hunting club. Please e mail me if you are still looking to form a club.
[email protected]

I live in Winchester and would be interested let me know if anything developes? Send me a pm.

Count me in. I live in Versailles. New to metal detecting so I don't really know what to expect in a club. I would like to gain knowledge from others and go on digs with others. I hope you're able to form a group.

Jim

Welcome aboard Jim,just wanting to share that this thread is almost 2 yrs old,but surely someone will tell ya where the local clubs are.

Nova Treasure

isnt there a decent park in lexington where we all
could meet and discuss trying to get a club going?
im in bagdad( shelby county), but would love
to join a club and im willing to travel.
keep me posted,
Allen

We could meet up at Jacobson Park. It is where MD everyonce in a while around the movie viewing area. I am game for anywhere though. I live just off of Paris Pike in North Lexington. If anyone wants to meet up and just metal detect I am good for that also. I have not been since my divorce and would love to get back out again now I am not married anymore, lol more freedom :thumbsup:.

bclark said:
We could meet up at Jacobson Park. It is where MD everyonce in a while around the movie viewing area. I am game for anywhere though. I live just off of Paris Pike in North Lexington. If anyone wants to meet up and just metal detect I am good for that also. I have not been since my divorce and would love to get back out again now I am not married anymore, lol more freedom :thumbsup:.

And I thought I was the only one detecting after the free Friday Flicks... <smile> Got to love that freedom.. it's the only thing I miss from being single. *sigh* Been happily married going on 12 years now myself, wouldn't change it for the world.

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back