tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all this rain we've had here in Colorado and the top soil washed away, I went out to an old coal mine site that I've found old bottles and other things made of metal etc. I found this item that looks like it served some kind of purpose. It's bent and now measures 4-1/8" long by 1-1/8" wide. Some how I've seen a thing like this before in my life time, but just can't pull it out of the memory bank in my head. I was one of those kids that always dismantled things, like watches, guns, locks, lawn mower engines you name it?, If it had any kind of disassembly procedure to it, I had to see what was inside and how it worked. I mostly learned the way, not to take things apart when I was that kid.

Attachments

• what is it 1.jpg
    what is it 1.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 129
Thats it! I knew i've seen one of these at some point in my life. Don't remember ever taking a harmonica apart, but saw an item like this somewhere. The coal camp I found it at operated from around the 1880's to 1930s, based on the history I've found locally. I'm thinking this would be about the same as a miners MP3 player of the past. A few miners these days like to put the earplugs in and listen to tunes from their MP3's as they drive their mucking machines and haul truck loading ore these days.

Solved I'd say....good work! DCMatt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Concertina/squeeze box reeds.

Attachments

• concertinareeds.jpg
    concertinareeds.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
More...

Attachments