Some hunt deer; I hunt buffalo and silver.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
And my title would have included gold if I'd found any! We had a pretty nice afternoon in Western PA and the kids were off school because it's the first day of buck season. This means we don't go anywhere near the woods, so I went back and gridded off some more of my Pony field. My first good signal was the greenest buffalo nickel I've ever seen; it almost glowed in my hand when it first came out of the ground! I only ended up with fifty cents today, starting with the '35 Buff, but added a '44 Merc and '64 Rosey. That's five silver dimes now out of a field that's been heavily hunted (but probably not gridded off before). The last signal of the day, as it was getting too hard to see, fluctuated between 87 and 90 on my XLT, giving me reason to suspect that a silver quarter or half was lurking. Alas, it was just the Merc:BangHead:!

Attachments

• mercpony (Small).jpg
    mercpony (Small).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
I wanna live in a place where kids are off from school to kill some deer.

Ha! Love the post title! A girl at work asked me today if I hunt, I told her yes, for treasure!

Good hunt, however, I've never found Just a Merc.
I could tabulate it if I had to, but I'd guess I've found over a hundred Mercs in just over eight years. Until I nail a 16D or one of the 1921s, it's just a Merc!

Just a Merc.

Here I am having trouble finding any silver Just a freaking Merc.:censored:

GEEZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back