Some favorite agate finds of the summer

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the leaves here have started falling and making it harder to search, I thought I would share some of my favorite agate finds of the summer.

Nothing too amazing. I like them for what they are, unique. :) I'm still trying to find the 2 agates that look exactly alike. ;)

Other than the one that was found in the parking lot these are all local creek finds.

Agate-CaronBigQuartzOrange-Img_0608SSS.jpgAgate-CaronBigQuartzOrange-Img_0609SSS.jpgAgate-CaronBigQuartzOrange-Img_0610SSS.jpg

I don't make it a habit to crack agates open. However, this one had no banding visible and I allowed my friend to take a hammer to it. Turns out to be a pretty nice agate and luckily I am happy with the way it broke. Since the photo I have done some work on the larger piece and it's starting to turn out quite nice.
Agate-CaronCracked-Img_0821SSS.jpgAgate-CaronCracked-Img_0846SSS.jpgAgate-CaronCracked-Img_0847SSS.jpgAgate-CaronCrackedQ-Img_0820SSS.jpg

I thought I was done making finds for the day when I found this little one in the gravel of the parking lot when I was changing out of my water shoes.
Agate-CaronLittleRedHalf-Img_0825SSS.jpgAgate-CaronLittleRedHalf-Img_0826SSS.jpgAgate-CaronLittleRedHalf-Img_0827SSS.jpg

Agate-CaronMixed-Img_0843SSS.jpgAgate-CaronMixed-Img_0844SSS.jpg

Agate-CaronNode-08-02-2012-IMG_0816CSSS.jpgAgate-CaronNode-08-02-2012-IMG_0816SSS.jpgAgate-CaronNode-08-02-2012-Img_0848SSS.jpg

Agate-CaronRedFortWaterLevel-Img_0836SSS.jpgAgate-CaronRedFortWaterLevel-Img_0838SSS.jpgAgate-CaronRedFortWaterLevel-Img_0840SSS.jpg

Agate-CaronSmallPointImg_0822SSS.jpgAgate-CaronSmallPointB-Img_0824SSS.jpg

Agate-FallsCreekRedPoint-IMG_0828SSS.jpgAgate-FallsCreekRedPoint-Img_0829SSS.jpg

Agate-FallsCreekRedV-IMG_0597SSS.jpgAgate-FallsCreekRedV-Q-IMG_0596SSS.jpg
Agate-FallsCreekRedWhiteQ-IMG_0602SSS.jpg

Happy hunting,

Eric

Those are some real nice eye catchers rite there! I like all types of rocks even artifacts. HH

Upvote 0
Looks like you had a productive summer. Those are nice agates.
Nice job on the photography too.
Rob

Thanks Rob. I appreciate the comments. Weather and nature was good to me this summer. That combined with my apparent obsession to find agates made summer quite enjoyable.

Upvote 0
Those are some real nice eye catchers rite there! I like all types of rocks even artifacts. HH

Hi rock, thanks for the comments. Though my obsession is to find agates I like all types of rocks as well. Even every day yard rocks. Currently I mostly just keep the agates and sometimes nice little pieces of petrified wood when I find them.

So far I haven't found anything that I can say for sure is an artifact. I do keep my eyes open and I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

(edited to fix name, sorry!) :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back