Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning as usual about daylight. Rain was forecast but I could see some stars showing through the skimpy clouds, so off I went! Tried something new this morning. Went to a "hunted out" park and dug only trash signals! Now that's different you must admit. I found abut twenty five or so pull tabs, misc. scraps of lawnmower cabbage, zipper pulls and eleven zinc pennies that were reading as something in the gold range. Hoping to find that elusive gold ring that I kow I have missed!About 9:00 I began to hear thunder and saw a black cloud off to the SW heading my way. Since lightening scares me I packed it up and headed for my truck. About the time I got there here came the rain.....lots of rain......really soaking wet rain right on my lucky blue prospecting shirt!Got my gear into the truck in the nic o' time but got old blue wet. It was a fun outing and somewhat of a challenge but a really good way to start the day. Rain is forecast to set in until Thursday night so I'm grounded for a while. Good time to clean up my detectors and sort stuff. JIM

Upvote 0
Good deal Jim,

hh

lonewolfe

hey jimm i been doing alot of that as of late dugging evrything from tabs and up.in places that ive hammered clean of most good targets(H.O.)its a pain the worse in the "can slaw"but in retrospect if your cleaning out targets in the ground its better in the long run cause the tagers next time will be on the surface to an inch next time you swing threw so it has it advantagesi .have been cleaning out a few parks around town that were good producers.one area,ive worked over has produced 6 silver rings to date and around 30 or more in clad and about 5 pounds of CRAP still long for that gold so i know the feeling still looking for that elusive "gold n diamond tennis braclet" ;D

Yeah, I can see on the Weather Channel where Mother Nature has you surrounded whereas we're not expecting anything till Sat.. HH

Hey Jim

Get out that underwater detector. Put on your rain suit and keep on digging. What's a little rain. (Nobody out there to bother you that way and no bees either.) Not raining up here yet. In the forecast also.

I have been digging alot the same way. Alot of PT's, trash, etc. Have yet to find GOLD! :(

Hi Jim,
I have been in the "digging all things under the tree's mode" also. I have found a ton of old beer can tops & bottoms plus the usual pull tabs. Every once in a while I will un-earth some newer clad.I even found an old tin pie plate the other day!! Rang up as silver on my ace at 6 inches. I like to do the digging in the shade this time of year. Will hit the fields once it cools off this fall. Good luck & be patient. I see silver & gold in your future.
Have a Good One!
Jim

which machine did you use jim? the ace or the gti?

I ran the edges of the sidewalks with the BH LandRanger and 4" coil, then switched to the GTI 2500 for the next 3 feet out from the sidewalks. Got a low battery signal on the BH and didn't have any 9 volt batteries with me! The BH and small coil is fine for running sidewalk edges but the GTI pinpoints so much better in the open areas. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back