So Much Knowledge--So little time!!

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not remember when I became aware of it--but I learned that Mae West once said "So many men, So little time". I do remember I was fairly young when I first heard that--and I knew what she meant. It rang true for me in a lot of things--so much so that I realize now that the more educated, and learned a person becomes the more they will realize that there is so much knowledge and oh, oh so little time in which we have to absorb it--you know what I mean. "Jonnie 5, needs input!".

I like to read and I am fairly lucky in that if I read something it sticks--not all of it, but I surprise myself how often I am out and about in the western lands and I know a little about where I am and about its history.

I got a book for Christmas, just past, and it is a good one.

Grant. Memoirs and selected Letters. written by Ulysses S. Grant. ISBN 0-940450-58-5 Written in 1885. If you are a serious Civil War Buff you have to read this book. It is written in a style that is an easy, comfortable read.

Grant tells you all about his troop movements, their forage, on which creek bank he anchored his flank and which roads his engineers built and which units moved down them. There is so much information for finding battle site and camps that it is a must read for the civil war Buff.

Stryker-one

stryker-one,
"there is so much knowledge and oh, oh so little
time in which we have to absorb it"

;D

"The roar of time plunging unchecked through the sluices"
from John Ashbery, "The Other Tradition"

;) ;D

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread