🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Snuff can?

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Went back on my lunch break to hammered site near work. Found this I think is copper cylinder. Thought it was just a piece of pipe but think it's something else. It has faint letters on it. Can't see from pic. Has an F and 2 lines at top . I've cleaned it best I could. I just think it's more than a piece of pipe . It's kind of heavy . I know y'all are tired of me posting all the time for IDs but I'm still learning as I go .

Attachments

• IMG_5836.jpeg
    IMG_5836.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5838.jpeg
    IMG_5838.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5839.jpeg
    IMG_5839.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Went back on my lunch break to hammered site near work. Found this I think is copper cylinder. Thought it was just a piece of pipe but think it's something else. It has faint letters on it. Can't see from pic. Has an F and 2 lines at top . I've cleaned it best I could. I just think it's more than a piece of pipe . It's kind of heavy . I know y'all are tired of me posting all the time for IDs but I'm still learning as I go .
Hey Nathan.... No idea on your find or question...? But don't feel bad about posting "all the time" looking for information. I too did it concerning my cave and still NEVER got all the answers I desired or explanations of things. So the point is keep seeking information and exploring for it concerning your finds buddy.... Brad

Upvote 2
I know Garrett once marked their snuff cans with the strength of the snuff by how many lines were on the can. I don't know if that's the case with your find, but you can search Garret Snuff cans to seek out a match, if there is one. Keep the finds coming, it's good exercise for aging minds. Maybe this can put you on the right rack, keep us posted.

Upvote 0
I know Garrett once marked their snuff cans with the strength of the snuff by how many lines were on the can. I don't know if that's the case with your find, but you can search Garret Snuff cans to seek out a match, if there is one. Keep the finds coming, it's good exercise for aging minds. Maybe this can put you on the right rack, keep us posted.
It has an F and S right below the " horizontal line" that's all I can tell. Maybe it's a personalized snuff can without the cap and bottom lol

Upvote 0
hmmm maybe possible WW1 shell( trench art) snuff can. That's all I can really find that's similar

Upvote 0
Nathan do not worry about your number of posts !1 Just keep digging and posting !!! That is what this site is all about. I used to save diggings in seperate buckets for 3 to four years, Every year at least once and some times more then once i would go through and check the items,. You will be surprised how many you can identify after a few years !! KEEP IT UP !!!

Upvote 2
Don’t apologize. I like your posts.
I used snuff for about 45 years (way too long). I’m not familiar with any snuff cans like that.
Around here the initials FS are frequently for “Farm Service”.

Upvote 0
I used snuff for about 45 years (way too long). I’m not familiar with any snuff cans like that.
I dipped Copenhagen for 25 yrs and had to switch to vaping , it was ruining my mouth

Upvote 0
After further rigorous cleaning there's a faint 1884 on the back at top of I assume the lid . I'm lost as to what it was but I've found items from 1880s-1960s at this place. It borders an old site

Upvote 1
After further rigorous cleaning there's a faint 1884 on the back at top of I assume the lid . I'm lost as to what it was but I've found items from 1880s-1960s at this place. It borders an old site
My main site has only given up nails and wire lately. It’s good to see you finding mystery items. 👍🏼

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back