Sniffed out an old "Greenie" and a seated dime.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffed out an old "Greenie" and a seated dime.

I hope you all enjoyed my field test report in the current June issue of Western & Eastern treasures Magazine.

Been very busy helping my father through his kidney dialysis learning process... so no traveling...no new spots...and very little hunt time to take advantage of. ???

He has been to the emergency room twice in the last 2 weeks and was hospitalized for 2 days last week because of dehydration ???...but things seem to be smoothing out now....I HOPE. :headbang:

I plan on spending all the time I can with dad...especially when he starts the IN-home dialysis in 2 weeks...so my hunt time will continue to be limited...but pops comes first. :angel7:

I finished all the mowing and had from 3:00 to dark to hunt.

How'd it end up??...5 hours for only 3 coins...errr I mean 2 coins. ::) We don't need to count the 1986 clad quarter at 9". :laughing7:

I hit the old faithful spot I call "the Injun' Patch" which I hammered very hard while I was going through the loss of my mom a couple years ago.

The last 2 trips here produced nothing...but I just love the place because of all the nice oldies I have pulled from here.

I decided to take the E-Trac for a spin as well as my SE to try and stay sharp on both.

I'd like to tell you that the 1864 Injun' came from about 10" down...but that's not how I roll. :laughing9: :headbang:

Fact of the matter is that I dug to china for what I would have bet money was a seated quarter at 9"+...only to find the 1986 quarter in obvious fill dirt!! ;D

Less than 10 feet away I get a squeaker "iffy" hit with the my E-Trac. It hit from only one direction but did repeat on both the initial sweep as well as the return sweep.

Numbers were not much help bouncing from 1-2 ferrous and 30-31 conductive.

Sounded like a deep injun' hit but wasn't showing as such on the depth meter. I thought what the heck..so I started digging.

From ONLY 6" down...but standing straight up comes this smooth dark green disc...WITH a faint date of 1864.

WOW...a 1986 quarter from 9"...then a 144 year old coin 10 feet away from 6" deep and standing at attention. :icon_thumleft:

An hour or so later I decided to hunt with the SE.

It took a while but I finally got another decent hit. The cursor was dancing and fluttering from top right...then did the moon walk accross the top from right to center. . The faint warble was there though which is ALL I care about...and it repeated from 2 of 4 passes...so again I dug.

From between 9" to 10" down came the seated dime.

Sorry for the "before cleaning" only pics...but these two critters are gonna' need to soak for a few days because of the heavy crust and tarnish on the seated dime. I can see it's an 1870's...but am not going to rub it and scratch it to see the year...so the "dirty" pics are gonna' have to do. :hello2:

I LOVE finding silver and injuns'...and I don't care if it is a 1964 Roosey....silver is SILVER.

I gotta' be honest though and here is the flipside to that statement...I'd rather get skunked 5 hunts in a row..as a trade off to pop something like this out. :icon_thumleft:

I'm telling you honest...the sites I hunt are pounded beyond imagination. When I say I can wander for 3 or 4 hours and not even get an iffy signal to dig...it's the truth.

I have probably walked over that injun 20 times in the last few years and dismissed it as clad because of the depth..or the goofy sound it gave me. :headbang:

Attachments

• coins325.jpg
    coins325.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • coins326.jpg
    coins326.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,252
Upvote 0
Re: Sniffed out an old "Greenie" and a seated dime.

Good stuff, as usual :) Clean that Indian up already!

Lucky

bryce nice to see you gettin time out there your dad keeps you busy but thats all good sons love for his dad you two keep goin get back to the xlt ;D

hi bryce!! ya you just dont know by those iffy signals! i went over this one spot 3 times in a week and just had this weird signal that screamed though and i dismissed it as junk. well i was leavfing the field on my way out yesterday and decided to dig it and it was a huge harness buckle! not that its a great find but i thought it was a ripped up can. cant wait for your dad to get out and do some thrashing with the xlt. willy

Good finds try soaking that dime in vinegar i dug a seated dime yesterday 1876 that was crusty and black it cleaned up nice Good hunt Dd60

Attachments

• old woods finds day 2 silver.jpg
    old woods finds day 2 silver.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,121

Congrats on the nice coins. I hope your Dad does well.
Dman

Sweet finds, :o :icon_thumleft: where are the after cleaning pics ? ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Good job !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Hey Bryce,

Nice Indian, and ANY seated is dandy in my book! Congrats on another great hunt.

Hope your dad gets on the right side of the curve, and soon! Wishing all the best for both of you!

Hope to see a post soon of the two of you out popping silver out of the ground.

All the best!
Mark

Great digs, Bryce!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Glad you're taking good care of dad - hope he's getting stronger every day! :wink:

Dman said:
Congrats on the nice coins. I hope your Dad does well.
Dman
Thanks D :icon_thumleft:

Deepdiger60 said:
Good finds try soaking that dime in vinegar i dug a seated dime yesterday 1876 that was crusty and black it cleaned up nice Good hunt Dd60
Thanks Dd

dfx willy said:
hi bryce!! ya you just dont know by those iffy signals! i went over this one spot 3 times in a week and just had this weird signal that screamed though and i dismissed it as junk. well i was leavfing the field on my way out yesterday and decided to dig it and it was a huge harness buckle! not that its a great find but i thought it was a ripped up can. cant wait for your dad to get out and do some thrashing with the xlt. willy
Thanks Willy. I'm sure he'll kick my buttocks ;D

teleman 2525 said:
bryce nice to see you gettin time out there your dad keeps you busy but thats all good sons love for his dad you two keep goin get back to the xlt ;D
Thanks my friend :icon_thumleft:

Luckysometimes said:
Good stuff, as usual :) Clean that Indian up already!

Lucky
Thanks Lucky...just been super busy.

Gator-Flea said:
Nice coins...........
Thanks G.F.

Kimsdad said:
Great digs, Bryce!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Glad you're taking good care of dad - hope he's getting stronger every day! :wink:
Thanks Neil. Wondered how you were. Hadn't heard from you in a long while.

artzstuff1 said:
Hey Bryce nice digs dude!!! :headbang:,,,good to hear from ya !!

arthur
Thanks Art

mpostma said:
Hey Bryce,

Nice Indian, and ANY seated is dandy in my book! Congrats on another great hunt.

Hope your dad gets on the right side of the curve, and soon! Wishing all the best for both of you!

Hope to see a post soon of the two of you out popping silver out of the ground.

All the best!
Mark
Thanks Mark. I truly appreciate it. I hope he and I can hunt together soon.

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Sweet finds, :o :icon_thumleft: where are the after cleaning pics ? ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Good job !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
Thanks MUD. After cleaning pics???...I barely have time to hunt...let alone post...so cleaning takes a back seat. :wink:

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Nice finds Bryce and hope all the best for your Dad :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Thanks Brian. :icon_thumleft:

rock on Bryce! great finds! :thumbsup:

Cool to see that silver come out of the ground like that :icon_thumleft:

great finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kdismuke1 said:
great finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks friend :icon_thumleft:

itbeepsidig said:
Cool to see that silver come out of the ground like that :icon_thumleft:
Me too buddy. Tarnished...crusty...just makes my day :icon_thumleft: ;D
Right when it comes out is when it looks neat.

I'm glad you got out...and of course that he's doing alittle better. Congrats and HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back