snake skin boots

Re: Miscellaneous stuff

Nice job! Was there a post or Native camp at this spot? Everything is from the fur trade period except (I think) the earring/brooch thingy right of the green glass ring. I think that piece is later.
It just goes to show that you never know where this stuff is gonna show up. I would hammer that lawn!
Thanks for sharing.
Dave.

Re: Miscellaneous stuff (couple more things)

100% sure your iron piece is a part from a lock mechanism on a musket gun. Without looking at the books, I can't give you a specific name for the part.
Nice finds. Keep digging!
Dave.

Re: Miscellaneous stuff (couple more things)

In the first pic. That piece with the hole in it looks alot like something that posted in a thrread in the native american section. I had one about the same size and shape but with 2 holes in it. It appears that yours has some metal strips that were inserted through other small holes in that piece as well. Am I mistaken or is that the case? If it is then look at my post because I have a piece that I found near that thing that I referred to as a pendant which has the same "woven" metal look that your "pendant" has. I think it may be a piece of a breastplate. No one has commented on it so I am assuming no one knows anything about it.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,408928.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back