Keith123

Jul 7, 2013
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this item a couple of weeks ago - just getting around to posting it now. I'm thinking pipe. No markings. Black piece on the end is broken and some other material besides metal. Would like to confirm what it is and age if anybody recognizes it?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480564258.688399.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480564273.872446.jpg

Tiny bowl. Metal, so it would be too hot to hold. Harsh smoke.

Maybe part of an opium pipe?

Upvote 0
OPIUM pipe no doubt in my mind.
I'm guessing from middle to late 1800's. Opium was very popular then with opium dens being very common especially with Chinese immigrates.
Heroin, Cocaine and Opium were at one time legal and could be bought and sold legally in the U.S.
Remember the old Coca Cola Soda saying, " Coke adds Life ! " It did add life, because cocaine was an ingredient in the soda.
Later cocaine was removed from Coca Cola when it was banned by the U.S. Government.
Weed is the big thing today, so torch one up !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OPIUM pipe no doubt in my mind.
I'm guessing from middle to late 1800's. Opium was very popular then with opium dens being very common especially with Chinese immigrates.
Heroin, Cocaine and Opium were at one time legal and could be bought and sold legally in the U.S.
Remember the old Coca Cola Soda saying, " Coke adds Life ! " It did add life, because cocaine was an ingredient in the soda.
Later cocaine was removed from Coca Cola when it was banned by the U.S. Government.
Weed is the big thing today, so torch one up !!

The area where I found it was active during the civil war. Also, the spot where it was found was smack in the middle of a quarry. I wonder if immigrants would have been doing the quarrying? Do you have any resources on opium use during that time?

Upvote 0
Opium Pipe crafted into a poppy or lotus flower perhaps? Pretty cool piece whatever it is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back