Small Wristwatch bought today. Looking for age and value?

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, my extremely intelligent T-netter's. I need help with this one. My wife picked this up today.

Small wristwatch, octagonal in shape. Sorry bout the pic. It's the best I could do with my little Kodak Camera....:BangHead:

The dial face has A.Coultre printed beneath it. When I popped open the back cover, which has no markings on the outside,
the inside of the back cover has "Wadsworth Pilot Quality" with a serial # OF 5234480.

On the workings themselves is the name A. Coultre again and swiss, along with 15 jewels and 3 adjustments.
I tracked down Wadsworth, and I believe it to be a "Gruen" watch. The case is gold filled.

What I'm looking for is, it's age and value.

The dial face has very strange orientation of the numbers. 1,2,and 3 'o clock as if your looking at the watch from the base of the hands looking out. 4,5, and 6'o clock from the outside in towards the hands. 7,8,and 9' o clock outside to in and 10,11,and 12 are inside to out again. I thought that it wasn't a wristwatch but maybe hung on a chain or chatelaine?
I was really suprised when I wound it a few times and it started running.

The best part was that it was only .50 cents... WATCH PIC.JPG

:headbang:
I thought I would post it here first, because it will be a while before I can go see a jeweler.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Very nice - does it by any chance sat Le Coultre?

Cant say much about it, but the numbering orientation is to make it easier to read (this way none of the numerals are upside down). Best guess on age would be the 30s or 40's from the styling, but might be way off. If it is a Le Coultre it is worth some money. This would be a good place to check it out: Watchuseek, World's Most Visited Watch Forum Site

Last edited:
Ok, can't even post right.......<--------- Rookie......lol, Yes it is an A. LeCoultre watch. Saw a couple listed on ebay.....around $100. I'm gonna do more searching, but it looks like my daughter will have some spending money.....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back