Small silvers from the dried up park swimming area, 2 silvers from the school and 2 silvers from the coinstar

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
The park swimming areas I detect during the summer are all completely dry. This year they are lower than I have ever seen them. I have been slowly covering all 3 of them at one park trying to be sure I haven’t missed anything. This trip the sand had thawed out so I could get some sections detected. Swingin the ATPro for 5 hour I found 27 coins with a face value of $1.99, a few tabs, an assortment of small jewelry pieces and parts, 2 bits of fishing gear, a pile of sinkers, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 2 toy cars, a lock back knife in decent shape, 2 whole aluminum cans and more aluminum foil than I would have liked.

DSCN2921.jpeg

DSCN2920.jpeg

I did manage to find 3 small silvers and I do mean small. A small hoop earring with a greenish bead and 2 small earring backs. 3 more silvers for the year.

DSCN2924.jpeg

DAY 2
It’s the season to be busy but I did manage to get back to the park for another day of swingin. The camp swimming area has a boat launch beside it that has never been thoroughly detected so I started there. After finding a decent number of coins and a pile of sinkers I went back to the swimming area and went jewelry hunting. In the 5 hours I was hunting with the ATPro I found 40 coins with a face value of $2.42, earrings and backs, fishing gear, 3 selfie stick retainers, 2 brass nuts, a big batch of sinkers, foil and a few tabs.

DSCN2926.jpeg

4 small pieces of the jewelry are silver, a small hoop earring, a small cz stud earring, a really tiny bead and a small charm or dangle with a silver frame. Again nothing big, but it’s still silver and I am cleaning that beach pretty thoroughly. I am leaving some small iron bits behind, but I am digging the larger pieces to make it easier to find the goodies in the future when the water is back next year.

DSCN2928.jpeg

DAY 3
I made my weekend trip back to the new school permission hoping for some goodies. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 50 coins with a face value of $3.53, a Chevrolet emblem, sinkers, a smashed roundball, an old 38 caliber rimfire cartridge, 2 hat pins, 3 buttons, an aluminum ring, bits of copper wire, aluminum fence wire, tabs, foil and can slaw.

DSCN2930.jpeg

I thought I was digging a chunk of aluminum can when this popped out. It’s not in great shape, but it is a cool find. From what I can find on line, this 4” bow tie CHEVROLET radiator ornament was used from 1915 to 1928.

DSCN2932.jpeg

I also found 3 buttons. One plastic backed one that was cloth covered at one time and 2 blazer buttons that had a ferrous back that has rusted away. All 3 are fairly modern civilian buttons.

DSCN2934.jpeg

DSCN2935.jpeg

There were 3 good coins in the batch, a 1920 wheatie, a 1944 P war nickel and a well worn 1918 S Mercury dime. This was the best hunt from this school so far.

DSCN2931.jpeg

DAY 4
I went back to the bullet school on a rainy day. I was hoping for more goodies and figured the rainy hunt would be worth the effort unfortunately no goodies this trip. In 5 hours with the CZ21 I found 29 coins with a face value of $1.56, a chunk of construction lead, a game tab and the usual assortment of tabs, foil and can slaw. This was probably the worst hunt I have had at this school since I started a little over 2 years ago.

DSCN2937.jpeg

FINDS WITHOUT A DETECTOR
On the way home I made a stop at a local store with a coinstar and found my silver for the day, a 1962 Washington quarter, a 1946 Rosie, a British penny and a clad dime. It was nice to find silver in the coinstar. It has been a long time since I did that. This week I also found a nickel and a dime on the floor at the mall and 2 quarters in the coin return of the bait vending machine at the lake where I have been metal detecting the dry swimming areas.

DSCN2938.jpeg

DSCN2940.jpeg

I needed a few things at the grocery store and when I was doing my usual self checkout I noticed some coupons that had printed out for the last customer who was long gone. There were 3 and all of them were cash amounts off the next grocery purchase, one was for $2 and the other 2 were for $1 each. So after I rang up my groceries I used them and saved $4. It was just like finding $4. Good things can be anywhere, you just have to pay attention.

Overall a better than average week, some nice silver, gas money and savings at the store. As always lots of good exercise in the clean fresh air helping to keep the old man healthy (I do get tired of digging junk some days though). It is getting colder and the rain has changed to snow that is still falling, but I think I should still be able to get out this week if I go to the east (normally warmer and less snow). Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

The lake near the swimming areas a week ago and my house today.

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_8005.jpeg

IMG_8006.jpeg

Attachments

• DSCN2923.jpeg
    DSCN2923.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2927.jpeg
    DSCN2927.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN2929.jpeg
    DSCN2929.jpeg
    866.9 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 14
I see you're still digging out the finds, well done.
They seem to be a little on the sparse side from your previous total sheets.
But sites do get hunted to the thin recovery side as the school

Hope the white stuff is a short lived thing, as we had it now it looks like a green Xmas.

DAY 1
The park swimming areas I detect during the summer are all completely dry. This year they are lower than I have ever seen them. I have been slowly covering all 3 of them at one park trying to be sure I haven’t missed anything. This trip the sand had thawed out so I could get some sections detected. Swingin the ATPro for 5 hour I found 27 coins with a face value of $1.99, a few tabs, an assortment of small jewelry pieces and parts, 2 bits of fishing gear, a pile of sinkers, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 2 toy cars, a lock back knife in decent shape, 2 whole aluminum cans and more aluminum foil than I would have liked.

View attachment 2119946

View attachment 2119964

I did manage to find 3 small silvers and I do mean small. A small hoop earring with a greenish bead and 2 small earring backs. 3 more silvers for the year.

View attachment 2119948

DAY 2
It’s the season to be busy but I did manage to get back to the park for another day of swingin. The camp swimming area has a boat launch beside it that has never been thoroughly detected so I started there. After finding a decent number of coins and a pile of sinkers I went back to the swimming area and went jewelry hunting. In the 5 hours I was hunting with the ATPro I found 40 coins with a face value of $2.42, earrings and backs, fishing gear, 3 selfie stick retainers, 2 brass nuts, a big batch of sinkers, foil and a few tabs.

View attachment 2119949

4 small pieces of the jewelry are silver, a small hoop earring, a small cz stud earring, a really tiny bead and a small charm or dangle with a silver frame. Again nothing big, but it’s still silver and I am cleaning that beach pretty thoroughly. I am leaving some small iron bits behind, but I am digging the larger pieces to make it easier to find the goodies in the future when the water is back next year.

View attachment 2119951

DAY 3
I made my weekend trip back to the new school permission hoping for some goodies. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 50 coins with a face value of $3.53, a Chevrolet emblem, sinkers, a smashed roundball, an old 38 caliber rimfire cartridge, 2 hat pins, 3 buttons, an aluminum ring, bits of copper wire, aluminum fence wire, tabs, foil and can slaw.

View attachment 2119953

I thought I was digging a chunk of aluminum can when this popped out. It’s not in great shape, but it is a cool find. From what I can find on line, this 4” bow tie CHEVROLET radiator ornament was used from 1915 to 1928.

View attachment 2119945

I also found 3 buttons. One plastic backed one that was cloth covered at one time and 2 blazer buttons that had a ferrous back that has rusted away. All 3 are fairly modern civilian buttons.

View attachment 2119955

View attachment 2119956

There were 3 good coins in the batch, a 1920 wheatie, a 1944 P war nickel and a well worn 1918 S Mercury dime. This was the best hunt from this school so far.

View attachment 2119954

DAY 4
I went back to the bullet school on a rainy day. I was hoping for more goodies and figured the rainy hunt would be worth the effort unfortunately no goodies this trip. In 5 hours with the CZ21 I found 29 coins with a face value of $1.56, a chunk of construction lead, a game tab and the usual assortment of tabs, foil and can slaw. This was probably the worst hunt I have had at this school since I started a little over 2 years ago.

View attachment 2119957

FINDS WITHOUT A DETECTOR
On the way home I made a stop at a local store with a coinstar and found my silver for the day, a 1962 Washington quarter, a 1946 Rosie, a British penny and a clad dime. It was nice to find silver in the coinstar. It has been a long time since I did that. This week I also found a nickel and a dime on the floor at the mall and 2 quarters in the coin return of the bait vending machine at the lake where I have been metal detecting the dry swimming areas.

View attachment 2119958

View attachment 2119959

I needed a few things at the grocery store and when I was doing my usual self checkout I noticed some coupons that had printed out for the last customer who was long gone. There were 3 and all of them were cash amounts off the next grocery purchase, one was for $2 and the other 2 were for $1 each. So after I rang up my groceries I used them and saved $4. It was just like finding $4. Good things can be anywhere, you just have to pay attention.

Overall a better than average week, some nice silver, gas money and savings at the store. As always lots of good exercise in the clean fresh air helping to keep the old man healthy (I do get tired of digging junk some days though). It is getting colder and the rain has changed to snow that is still falling, but I think I should still be able to get out this week if I go to the east (normally warmer and less snow). Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

The lake near the swimming areas a week ago and my house today.

View attachment 2119961

View attachment 2119960

View attachment 2119963

View attachment 2119962
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back