569 KB · Views: 72
  • 4E752B25-4E6D-464B-9061-4D2F58A31C07.jpeg
    4E752B25-4E6D-464B-9061-4D2F58A31C07.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 78
  • F9482C07-3B58-4586-AE6F-1B111F249F52.jpeg
    F9482C07-3B58-4586-AE6F-1B111F249F52.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
How many times are we gonna get asked about this piece? I've seen this thing posted here 'ology and probably arrowheads.com. Different camera shots aren't going to change answers that you get. Come on man it's a good artifact either way

How many times are we gonna get asked about this piece? I've seen this thing posted here 'ology and probably arrowheads.com. Different camera shots aren't going to change answers that you get. Come on man it's a good artifact either way

Am I missing something? Is this not a small Clovis?

You can see some more photos of it here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...acts/596531-clovis-point-2-a.html#post6039166

Kindest regards,

Kantuck[/QUOT

Yes, thank you kantuck I wouldn't have found the old post. He's been given many opinions on this piece by many respected members here already. Tight camera shots don't hide the piece. It's a beauty whatever it is I'd be extatic to have it, typed or not. Some you just can't type and that's just how it is. Speculations can be made ( sharpened down Clovis, reworked something else, or Clovis reworked by later culture. May not ever get an answer and that to me is part of this hobby that I enjoy. These things we seek that link us to the past is the best part of the story, because every single one tells a different story about its life. I.e. No two dovetails are the same,nor Clovis, Hardins etc. We will never know The story behind the artifacts we collect and to me that is part of the fun of the hunt.

Last edited:
Wow, "some of you just can't type", seems kind of harsh man. Whats the harm in seeking other opinions on this point. I seem to remember seeing it somewhere else also but I don't see the need to get all bent over it.

Wow, "some of you just can't type", seems kind of harsh man. Whats the harm in seeking other opinions on this point. I seem to remember seeing it somewhere else also but I don't see the need to get all bent over it.
Uh..... there's no "of" in my post. "Some you just can't type" was referring to the point itself as in some points are tough to pinpoint a type.

There have been many opinions given to this guy about this point. I think it's even been papered and typed for him, he just wants someone to call it whatever it is he "wants it to be".

I stand corrected nwoseeker. After looking at what you said again, I see that I misunderstood your statement. My apologies for that, but I do believe Jbenson is doing no harm in seeking different opinions on his point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back